Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anything To Win  (Read 7267 times)

Matt Ottinger

Anything To Win
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:20 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 06:16 PM\']I've always been surprised that GSN didn't pick up the rights to the Bashir documentary that ABC ran. It fits on the station and I'd think it would rerun well.[/quote]
It surprises me that GSN isn't more inclined to think internationally.  I've said before that there are probably any number of English-language game shows produced in other countries that could provide cheap, plentiful, first-run programming for them.  Countdown in particular would seem an obvious choice, because there you don't have the country-specific Q&A element.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvwxman

Anything To Win
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 17 2006, 11:33 AM\']It surprises me that GSN isn't more inclined to think internationally.  I've said before that there are probably any number of English-language game shows produced in other countries that could provide cheap, plentiful, first-run programming for them.  Countdown in particular would seem an obvious choice, because there you don't have the country-specific Q&A element.
[snapback]107866[/snapback]
[/quote]

Another obvious choice : Deal or No Deal...unless Endemol's contract with NBC prohibits this...buy the daily from the UK and see what happens! :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Anything To Win
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 01:52:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 17 2006, 08:55 AM\']Another obvious choice : Deal or No Deal...unless Endemol's contract with NBC prohibits this...buy the daily from the UK and see what happens! :)
[snapback]107867[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't think the daily DoND would fly with a US audience. It's VERY British. Not that that's a bad thing in and of itself, but I don't think the average GSN viewer would handle the culture shock very well.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Anything To Win
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
Joe Six Pack: "A thousand pounds of what?"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

WhammyPower

Anything To Win
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 12:29:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 17 2006, 10:33 AM\']Countdown in particular would seem an obvious choice, because there you don't have the country-specific Q&A element.
[snapback]107866[/snapback]
[/quote]
But then they'll think, "Why do they always pick leotard?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:29:38 PM by WhammyPower »