Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Extremely inportant Double Dare (Trebek) Question  (Read 3863 times)

Adam Nedeff

Extremely inportant Double Dare (Trebek) Question
« on: January 13, 2006, 10:15:22 PM »
So it's Friday and since I have no life, I'm burning bad-VQ episodes of Trebek's "Double Dare" onto DVD.  Anyway...

#1. Anybody know how many clues were prepared for each category?

#2. Did it ever come up where all of them were used in the middle of a "Dare" or "Double Dare" scenario, and if so, what happened?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 06:39:10 AM »
Hm.  Interesting, because you can't NOT have another clue coming up, even if "The Beatles" was solved on "John, Paul, George and Ringo make up this musical group."  Nor can you edit out that puzzle and take away the $50.  I think I've seen puzzles go to 10 clues with no answer.  My best wild-ass-guess is that Alex says "One of you must guess correctly on this clue, or the puzzle is thrown out."  If they don't get it from the band members, nothing's going to help.  That might be a time for an edit, as well as new players.
Travis L. Eberle

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »
I got to imagine the last few clues of whatever number are written are so silly and obvious that it would likely not lead to a dare or a double dare and just be solved at that late point.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 12:50:38 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Jan 14 2006, 12:16 PM\']I got to imagine the last few clues of whatever number are written are so silly and obvious that it would likely not lead to a dare or a double dare and just be solved at that late point.
[snapback]107654[/snapback]
[/quote]

And it was 10 clues.  They only got down that far once or twice (IIRC), but from memory, the last clue pretty much laid it in your lap.  Still, it seems to me that one was a strikeout--and Trebek rubbed in the futility pretty heavy on the players.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:04:26 PM »
And it was 10 clues. They only got down that far once or twice (IIRC), but from memory, the last clue pretty much laid it in your lap. Still, it seems to me that one was a strikeout--and Trebek rubbed in the futility pretty heavy on the players.

Anyone know if GSN ever aired this "strikeout" ep when they ran DD on wknds in 96-97?

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")