Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Year's Guessin' Eve on B&WO  (Read 4180 times)

Esoteric Eric

New Year's Guessin' Eve on B&WO
« on: January 01, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »
Happy New Year, everyone!  
While checking the TV Guide Interactive just before midnight last night (I didn't stick around after Mr. Clark's first speech (at 46, I can't stomach what passes for Pop Music these days)), I noticed that TTTT was listed for midnight PST on GSN (followed, as usual, by WML? @ 12:30 PST).  I hadn't read anything on the Forum about it, but was pleasantly surprised to see that the network aired episodes featuring Mr. Clark as a guest panelist.  (Guess we'll have to keep an eye out for these when a GS marathon is on earlier that day.)
The TTTT episode was old enough that the panel (Polly, DC, Kitty, and Hy) were seated to Bud Collyer's left.   Dick admitted that he wasn't good at playing along with the game at home, but he went 2-for-3 (as did the rest of the panel, missing the first game, but getting the other two.)  Much laughter accompanied Polly's "I'm voting for #x, because I think it's #y" routine, for which she said she'd gotten many decrying letters.
The WML? airing was more fun still.  Dorothy, DC, Arlene and Bennett missed the first challenger because his line was animal-related, although he was a U.S. Marine corporal appearing in uniform*.  The second challenger was missed because the panel concentrated too much on her line's relationship to animals, which was tangential**.  The Mystery Guest, at the time one of the most gorgeous young women on the planet, was guessed by Arlene, who knew the actress was currently in NYC***.
Thentheyhadayoungguyonbuttheydidn'treallyhaveenoughtimesotheyplayedthegamethisfast.

Esoteric Eric, resolved to reach 250 posts this year (or, conversely, to lose enough weight that I have fewer pounds than posts) ((8=D))
"Spoilers" (for those who recorded B&WO last night) below...
*     Dog Catcher for Marine Base
**   Ferry Boat Captain (in fact, the director had her line superimposed on the screen a second time later in the game, since the panel had ventured so far afield)
***  Sophia Loren, not really disguising her voice, but saying "oui" or "non"
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976