Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark  (Read 16284 times)

Jimmy Owen

Dick Clark
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2005, 01:50:53 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 12:46 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 28 2005, 11:19 PM\']I just heard the something similar from my station. They said he's expected to actually make a speech at "New Year's Rockin Eve" and shouldn't be in a wheelchair. [/quote]

Back to the pictures -- this past Sunday's (12/25) St. Petersburg Times had a cover of Seacrest, his co-host (don't know name) and Dick Clark on the cover of their TV magazine -- with Dick standing.

A couple of days later, the Times apologised for the picture, saying that the photo came from a press release, with Dick doctored in from an earlier photo (by ABC, not the Times), with the Times running it without knowing all the facts abvout the picture.
[snapback]106149[/snapback]
[/quote]

The cover of the Detroit Freep/News TV Mag had the photo that was recently put out by ABC and they also photoshopped Fox New Year's eve host Regis between the female host and Seacrest.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Robair

Dick Clark
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 05:50:02 PM »
Oh, you want puerile? "Entertainment Tonight", long a bastion of taste, is going to have between the bulimics and the whales a Dick Clark interview. The way they promote it you'd think they talked to him yesterday. Nope. The interview in question is from 1990.

Can someone photoshop "Entertainment Tonight" into being something more like an entertainment newsmagazine and less than the video equivalent of the Enquirer?
--Robair

FOXSportsFan

Dick Clark
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
They have photoshopped it...it's called the Insider with the notorious P.O.B. (ducks).

BrandonFG

Dick Clark
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2005, 07:12:42 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 12:48 PM\']Because life is always better when Dick is standing tall.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. I admit that it's awfully penile purile humor. :))
[snapback]106150[/snapback]
[/quote]
All these naughty, naughty jokes are starting to remind me of when Dick was on Oprah (snicker) around 95 or 96. One of the female audience members stood up and thanked him on behalf of single women who don't have a New Year's Eve date and wind up watching Rockin Eve.

Oprah: (after the applause has died down) Well, that's what you do...you turn Dick on to help you through the night.

Naturally, that made it's way onto one of DC's Bloopers specials. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

inturnaround

Dick Clark
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2005, 09:19:31 PM »
Here's the link I believe fostergray82 was looking for.

[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 12:19 AM\']And we all know this is true b/c they have ME as an employee! No one at WVEC knows how to bowl. :-P
[snapback]106114[/snapback]
[/quote]

WVEC? Wow, so is that story about the reporter and the van true then?
Joe Coughlin     
Human

ChuckNet

Dick Clark
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2005, 10:31:24 PM »
Can someone photoshop "Entertainment Tonight" into being something more like an entertainment newsmagazine and less than the video equivalent of the Enquirer?

Yeah, really...every time I glimpse at ET, I keep wondering how the saga of those anorexic twins qualifies as entertainment news...

Chuck Donegan (The Disgusted "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:31:40 PM by ChuckNet »

davemackey

Dick Clark
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 03:47:02 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 11:31 PM\']

Yeah, really...every time I glimpse at ET, I keep wondering how the saga of those anorexic twins qualifies as entertainment news...

[snapback]106203[/snapback]
[/quote]
I keep wondering what if ANYTHING on ET has to do with "entertainment". Let's ogle fat Chastity Bono some more, ladies! Let's exploit the 58-lb. news anchor! Movie review? Who's got time for that? We lost Leonard Maltin's phone number! Oh well!

DjohnsonCB

Dick Clark
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 04:34:52 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 03:47 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Dec 29 2005, 11:31 PM\']

[snapback]106203[/snapback]
[/quote]
I keep wondering what if ANYTHING on ET has to do with "entertainment". Let's ogle fat Chastity Bono some more, ladies! Let's exploit the 58-lb. news anchor! Movie review? Who's got time for that? We lost Leonard Maltin's phone number! Oh well!
[snapback]106257[/snapback]
[/quote]

On top of this, they never, to the best of my knowledge, even gave a passing mention to the losses of singer Priscilla Paris, GS host Art James, ventriliquist/artificial heart inventor Paul Winchell, Tony the Tiger/Grinch vocalist Thurl Ravenscroft, Eddie Albert or Charles Rocket.  I e-mailed Leonard Maltin via his newsletter website, and he agreed there should have been some acknowledgement, but admitted that ET has changed its focus considerably.

To be fair, they gave a brief mention of the loss of Ralph Edwards and also mentioned Rosa Parks, but this is a show that in its earlier days devoted a whole show to the late Henry Fonda and even acknowledged the losses of Teddy Nadler (the Ken Jennings of "$64,000 Question") and Kenny Delmar (radio's Senator Claghorn and the cartoon voice of "The Hunter").
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

zachhoran

Dick Clark
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2005, 07:37:39 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 04:34 PM\']

To be fair, they gave a brief mention of the loss of Ralph Edwards and also mentioned Rosa Parks, but this is a show that in its earlier days devoted a whole show to the late Henry Fonda and even acknowledged the losses of Teddy Nadler (the Ken Jennings of "$64,000 Question") and Kenny Delmar (radio's Senator Claghorn and the cartoon voice of "The Hunter").
[snapback]106262[/snapback]
[/quote]

I remember ET doing a full segment on Jack Barry's passing the day he died in 1984. By the time of Goodson's death in 1992, ET's focus had changed, and his death got only a 10 or 15 second passing mention. Even Rather and Brokaw did a minute or two piece on his death that day.

tvrandywest

Dick Clark
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2005, 08:37:25 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 04:37 PM\']... By the time of Goodson's death in 1992, ET's focus had changed, and his death got only a 10 or 15 second passing mention...
[snapback]106279[/snapback]
[/quote]"Passing mention". I get it!

Randy
tvrandywwest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

saussage

Dick Clark
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2005, 11:44:05 PM »
Just saw the Dick Clark New Year's Rockin Eve clip with Dick Clark...

Many people may have thought that he would be close to 100%.... then reality sank in. He's one tough cookie. The slurred speech says it all. He may not be the same Dick Clark yet, but it could've been much worse.

May there be good health for all of us in 2006.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

Robert Hutchinson

Dick Clark
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 12:04:05 AM »
I felt too bad to watch more than a little bit, but it was indeed good to see him back at one of his many jobs.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

FOXSportsFan

Dick Clark
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »
It's sad...I was fighting back tears when Dick was shown.  Looks not too bad, but the slurred speech...yeah I feared the worst and though he could be far worse off...it still tugs at me.

whewfan

Dick Clark
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 12:44:46 AM »
I almost cried hearing a raspy, slower speaking Dick Clark. Very heart tugging moment. His right side appears to have been affected, but he can move his left arm. It appears his segments are pre-recorded (unless, Randy, you correct me and tell me otherwise) Despite all this, Dick Clark is still Dick Clark, and it was touching to see him kissing a lady that I assume is his wife when the ball was finished descending.

I would be surprised if Dick returned next year, but PLEASE, ABC... you can do better than Ryan Seacrest!

Adam Nedeff

Dick Clark
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 12:49:16 AM »
I'm surprised by the sense of sadness I'm getting in these posts. My first thought when I heard a raspy, slurred voice was "Yeah, he's back!" I mean, we all knew he wouldn't be the same, I'm sure we all braced ourselves, but at 11:35 pm, I saw a guy who I've known my entire life, looking virtually the same as he always had, and he wasn't putting on an act--he was full of life, full of optomism, and happy to be there. By the time the sound of his voice registered with me, it didn't matter. All I cared about was the fact that he was there, and voice be damned, I think that's all Dick cared about. There was no sadness to be found where I was sitting.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 03:51:14 AM by Adam Nedeff »