Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark  (Read 16103 times)

nbcburbank

Dick Clark
« on: December 26, 2005, 09:40:18 PM »
The latest edition of the Enquirer has some new Dick Clark pictures and unfortunately they arn't pretty. I was shocked as to what I saw. Dick is an American institution and I love the guy like the rest of you. This is why it was so painful to see him in a wheelchair, tilted mouth and hands that look like they barely work anymore. As sad as it is, it is clearly obvious that Dick will never be close to the same guy we all knew before.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dick Clark
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 09:45:16 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 06:40 PM\']The latest edition of the Enquirer has some new Dick Clark pictures and unfortunately they arn't pretty. I was shocked as to what I saw.
[snapback]105939[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, because the Enquirer always posts the most flattering picture of someone that they can find.

Are you really this dense, or is it just an act?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

nbcburbank

Dick Clark
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 09:53:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 09:45 PM\'][quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 06:40 PM\']The latest edition of the Enquirer has some new Dick Clark pictures and unfortunately they arn't pretty. I was shocked as to what I saw.
[snapback]105939[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, because the Enquirer always posts the most flattering picture of someone that they can find.

Are you really this dense, or is it just an act?
[snapback]105940[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well I could act like you but I wouldn't want to come off like that much of a jerk.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 09:54:02 PM by nbcburbank »

pocketchange2006

Dick Clark
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »
Sounds like a boxing match is about to begin.

If you believe everything you read, then Bob Barker would have retired 10 years ago and Pat and Vanna would have parted ways on Wheel. Jesus.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Dick Clark
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 10:58:44 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 10:53 PM\'] Well I could act like you but I wouldn't want to come off like that much of a jerk.
[snapback]105941[/snapback]
[/quote]

Your name isn't really Harvey Daye or John Chartier, right?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dzinkin

Dick Clark
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 11:15:18 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 10:58 PM\']Your name isn't really Harvey Daye or John Chartier, right?
[snapback]105947[/snapback]
[/quote]
The latter, actually.

My apologies to all for not catching it sooner; he won't be posting again.

PYLdude

Dick Clark
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 11:28:09 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 12:15 AM\'][quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 10:58 PM\']Your name isn't really Harvey Daye or John Chartier, right?
[snapback]105947[/snapback]
[/quote]
The latter, actually.

My apologies to all for not catching it sooner; he won't be posting again.
[snapback]105950[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, well, well.

Don't apologize, Dave- it happens sometimes.

You know, for all the criticism that Harv and John have for our board, they sure seem to want to post on it a lot.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

dzinkin

Dick Clark
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 11:33:57 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 11:28 PM\']Don't apologize, Dave- it happens sometimes.
[snapback]105956[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thank you, sir.  There is a reason why I have never, ever claimed to be perfect -- and this is why.  (Permission granted to smack me if I ever do make such a claim. :-)

You know, for all the criticism that Harv and John have for our board, they sure seem to want to post on it a lot.
You've noticed that too, hmmm?

BrandonFG

Dick Clark
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 12:11:53 AM »
I find it more ironic that Chartier constantly talks about how his site is so much better than this.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

Dick Clark
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 01:36:36 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 01:11 AM\']I find it more ironic that Chartier constantly talks about how his site is so much better than this.
[snapback]105973[/snapback]
[/quote]

They're all a bunch of hypocrites...Harvey and John. And I have something to say to them.

Guys, if you're reading this (and I know you are)...STAY OFF THIS BOARD. YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 01:36:58 AM by PYLdude »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dick Clark
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 01:40:02 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 10:36 PM\']Guys, if you're reading this (and I know you are)...STAY OFF THIS BOARD. YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE.
[snapback]105977[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, 'cuz THAT will do the trick.

I mean, c'mon, would you people just THINK before you post, just ONCE?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Dick Clark
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 04:39:59 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 11:15 PM\']The latter, actually.
[/quote]
Verry interesting....now, if I call Chris a jerk, do I get researched too? ;)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

Dick Clark
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 06:38:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Dec 27 2005, 04:39 AM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 11:15 PM\']The latter, actually.
[/quote]
Verry interesting....now, if I call Chris a jerk, do I get researched too? ;)
[snapback]105985[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you do it while you're in Providence, Rhode Island, you just might. ;-)

FOXSportsFan

Dick Clark
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 08:06:38 AM »
Well, it's legitimate.  One of my colleagues at the station I work at, Jonathan Casey who is a 30 year vet of the radio airwaves actually may be the last person to have interviewed Dick before his stroke last year.  Story goes he went out to the left coast to interview him in the middle of 2004, not long before his stroke and had a nice hour long interview with him.  Among the things Dick mentioned was something I brought up in another post, a revival of American Bandstand slated presumably at the time for this year.  I'm expecting to get a copy of the interview soon, and I'll post a link to it when I do, for those skeptics out there.

Here's where the story gets freaky.  Dick was to record "shout outs" to a couple of our DJs.  He did one for Tommy McCarthy, who does our oldies show Saturday nights.  He did that two days before his stroke.  Apparently either the station or Jon himself got in touch with Dick to see if he could do a shoutout for his music program.  The day he was to do Jon's shout out, Dick had the stroke.  Kind of an odd and personal sidebar to the whole Dick Clark stroke.

Jon actually vouched that Dick was in a wheelchair and all, and that this will probably be his last year in Times Square.  I hope and pray that it isn't...but then again, if he's really bad off, maybe I should hope that it is.

Don Howard

Dick Clark
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 08:48:44 AM »
[quote name=\'pocketchange2006\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 10:52 PM\']Sounds like a boxing match is about to begin.
If you believe everything you read, then Bob Barker would have retired 10 years ago and Pat and Vanna would have parted ways on Wheel.
Jesus.
[snapback]105944[/snapback]
[/quote]
So that's your real name. Now we know. Happy birthday two days late.