Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND Bank Offer Formula  (Read 3116 times)

Ryanmo97

DoND Bank Offer Formula
« on: December 24, 2005, 01:19:28 PM »
I'm the founder and Chief Programer of BASIC Games and a big fan of Deal or No Deal. I would LOVE to do a BASIC Game of the show but I can't seem to figure out a matmatical formula to use for the Bank Offers.

If ANYONE can figure out a formula for me, I would give them credit as the Banker in my game!

Send your formulas to Ryanmo97@aol.com and check out my website:basicgames.folff.com

Thanks!

tvrandywest

DoND Bank Offer Formula
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 03:30:06 PM »
There is no hard and fast formula that can be programmed. It comes from that amazing software in a person's heart and brain!

The early offers are always decreasingly lowballed to create excitement for the later offers and to keep the game continuing to the later stages when the game's true drama starts and the offers ultimately approach true odds.

Yes, it's wholesale and wholesome manipulation of the game, but nowhere near rigging.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
DoND Bank Offer Formula
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 03:58:10 PM »
Perfectly acceptable seeing as how the early rounds are generally no-brainer No Deals.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Robert Hutchinson

DoND Bank Offer Formula
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 06:45:53 PM »
I think it's unfortunate that the later rounds' bank offers hew so closely to a simple average. A contestant has $.01, $500K, and $1M. They go on, and the $500K is opened. I'd rather see the bank offer $100K here. A $500K offer is the ultimate no-brainer to take there, but $100K could actually tempt some contestants to continue.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin