Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale  (Read 3335 times)

golden-road

$ale
« on: December 25, 2005, 07:06:27 AM »
I was looking at the $ale site on thebestgs.com, and I had a couple of questions:

1. How did they transistion from endgame to endgame?

2. Did anybody ever buy one of the smaller prizes in the shopping format?

zachhoran

$ale
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 07:52:29 AM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' date=\'Dec 25 2005, 07:06 AM\']I was looking at the $ale site on thebestgs.com, and I had a couple of questions:

1. How did they transistion from endgame to endgame?

2. Did anybody ever buy one of the smaller prizes in the shopping format?
[snapback]105799[/snapback]
[/quote]

During the syndicated run, they changed the endgame from the shopping format to the Winner's Board. THey allowed the player to take the prize they had enough points for in the shopping format, and then continue as champion in the Winner's Board format, IIRC starting with no wins.

Contestants did occasionally take the lowest-priced prize in the shopping format. IIRC the syndicated version saw this happen three times in one week, and thte prize was a motorcycle.

ChuckNet

$ale
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 06:26:17 PM »
During the syndicated run, they changed the endgame from the shopping format to the Winner's Board. THey allowed the player to take the prize they had enough points for in the shopping format, and then continue as champion in the Winner's Board format, IIRC starting with no wins.

This same technique was also used on the daytime version when they switched from shopping to the WB in 1984.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

rebelwrest

$ale
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 11:00:45 PM »
Could someone provide a link to this site.  I tried typing it in and google but nothing shows up.

Oh yeah, I thought the winners board became the end game in 1985.

Chris Lambert $OTC page
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Matt Ottinger

$ale
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 11:04:50 PM »
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' date=\'Dec 26 2005, 12:00 AM\']Could someone provide a link to this site.  I tried typing it in and google but nothing shows up.[/quote]
It's thebestgs.NET, not .com
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.