Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal Or No Deal  (Read 39864 times)

nbcburbank

Deal Or No Deal
« on: December 19, 2005, 08:23:03 PM »
Howie is a great host. The game is very suspensful. This is some exciting Television. Claudia Looked great. I Like it!

Brandon Brooks

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 08:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:23 PM\']Howie is a great host. The game is very suspensful. This is some exciting Television. Claudia Looked great. I Like it!
[snapback]105117[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are you dim?  Why do you keep starting new threads on this subject that say absolutely nothing?

Brandon Brooks

nbcburbank

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 08:51:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:31 PM\'][quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:23 PM\']Howie is a great host. The game is very suspensful. This is some exciting Television. Claudia Looked great. I Like it!
[/quote]
Are you dim?  Why do you keep starting new threads on this subject that say absolutely nothing?

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]105119[/snapback]
[/quote]

The show is not even over. I can't offer a spoiler. I can only offer my opinion.

zachhoran

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:52:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:31 PM\'][quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:23 PM\']Howie is a great host. The game is very suspensful. This is some exciting Television. Claudia Looked great. I Like it!
[/quote]

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]105119[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not to mention he stole the other Brandon's thunder on Claudia.

tvrandywest

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:54:41 PM »
Like the show or not, how about that hot, reactive audience??!!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

dzinkin

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 09:03:24 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:51 PM\']The show is not even over. I can't offer a spoiler. I can only offer my opinion.
[snapback]105122[/snapback]
[/quote]
Just a thought... how about waiting until the show's over, and then you can discuss it in as much detail as you like?

dzinkin

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 09:04:43 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:54 PM\']Like the show or not, how about that hot, reactive audience??!!
[snapback]105124[/snapback]
[/quote]
Audience?  What audience?

<diving for cover>

NickS

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 09:06:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:54 PM\']Like the show or not, how about that hot, reactive audience??!!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]105124[/snapback]
[/quote]

The models warmed them up with offers from Bed Bath and Beyond, right? ;)

I think Howie did alright, and the format, as usual, did wonders.  Randy, does Howie get a bit more involved with explaining/helping the contestant and rapport with the Banker as the tapings went on?  I think he started to find that as the game went on, but like I said, for the first game it was fine.

Good editing, as well; wonder if/how Avid can sync TEN cameras to multi-edit.

Brandon Brooks

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 09:08:26 PM »
[quote name=\'nbcburbank\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 08:51 PM\'] The show is not even over. I can't offer a spoiler. I can only offer my opinion.
[snapback]105122[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which has not a thing to do with what I said.  You started a thread with the same name previously.  Why did you create another one with nothing substantive?

Whatever... I like DoND.  I was actually into it, and I didn't think I would be.

Brandon brooks

Steve Gavazzi

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 09:11:32 PM »
I really enjoyed this.  I'm not gonna pretend I'm offering anything insightful here, but for a game that has essentially no game, I thought this was executed very well.  I'll definitely be watching again tomorrow night.

gtbecbp

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Dec 19 2005, 09:11 PM\']I really enjoyed this.  I'm not gonna pretend I'm offering anything insightful here, but for a game that has essentially no game, I thought this was executed very well.  I'll definitely be watching again tomorrow night.
[snapback]105129[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree.  I was expecting quite a bit, and this show exceeded my expectations.

Ben

KWJCDon

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 09:14:36 PM »
I enjoyed it as well. However, I think the Dutch version is much better.

I'll be watching all week too.

Don

beatlefreak84

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 09:17:12 PM »
I must say; I was quite impressed by the show!  Howie, as many have said, is a great host and seems to be just as into the game as the contestants are.  I, admittedly, was kinda skeptical when I first read about the show because it seemed like the show had really no substance whatsoever; I mean, you can describe the game in about 20 seconds.

However, after watching it, I can see that the show doesn't need a whole lot of substance.  It's very exciting, the execution is superb, and even I was moaning and cheering along with the game!  I really hope a lot of other people feel the same way I do so this show comes back!  :)

Just out of curiosity, if anybody here tried out for the show, what was involved in the audition?  I'm interested to see what goes into it.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

dzinkin

Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 09:17:25 PM »
I enjoyed it as well.  I agree with those who have said that if there's no real money at stake, there's really nothing compelling there -- and as such I really don't get the attraction of the home game.  But it's good TV... and Howie is a good fit as host.  (Oh yeah, and the audience rocked, Randy. ;-)  I'll be checking in throughout the week.

Only disappointment: at least on our NBC affiliate, the models...er, I mean the show wasn't in high def. :-D

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Deal Or No Deal
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 09:17:31 PM »
Dag Dick Cavett...

I'm sure all of you thought the game executed well...

I, for once, didn't excute my TiVo well.  How I Met Your Mother had higher priority than Deal or No Deal on the Season Pass manager. :( :( :(

I'll get it right tomorrow!
-Sanford