Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN turns 11  (Read 4669 times)

Brakus

GSN turns 11
« on: December 01, 2005, 11:48:10 PM »
It's a longshot, but did GSN do anything today for its 11th birthday? I know there was a montage of GSN moments done last year buried in the end credits of a Family Feud episode, as featured on gameshownewsnet.com ...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:48:26 PM by Brakus »
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

BrandonFG

GSN turns 11
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:21:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Brakus\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 11:48 PM\']It's a longshot, but did GSN do anything today for its 11th birthday? I know there was a montage of GSN moments done last year buried in the end credits of a Family Feud episode, as featured on gameshownewsnet.com ...
[snapback]103699[/snapback]
[/quote]
Watched a couple of shows this morning, didn't notice anything.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

GSN turns 11
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »
Should we really expect anything?  Does USA, ESPN or any other channel acknowledge every anniversary?  (Heck, I don't even know when USA's anniversary is!)  I'd expect that GSN will probably acknowledge important ones - like 15, 20, etc.  They at least acknowledged their 10th with that GSN moments montage that was mentioned.  I believe it also aired full screen as a commercial during shows as well.

What I'd eventually like to see is an anniversary montage like they did their first couple of years, by airing one episode from every series in their holdings.  Some of those shows haven't been seen in a l-o-n-g time!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

GSN turns 11
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 12:37:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 2 2005, 07:51 AM\']Should we really expect anything?  Does USA, ESPN or any other channel acknowledge every anniversary?  (Heck, I don't even know when USA's anniversary is!)  I'd expect that GSN will probably acknowledge important ones - like 15, 20, etc.  They at least acknowledged their 10th with that GSN moments montage that was mentioned.  I believe it also aired full screen as a commercial during shows as well.
[snapback]103713[/snapback]
[/quote]

It did.

I think it was enough of a surprise that they even acknowledged their 10th anniversary, considering that they wanted to be considered a new channel on Mar. 15, 2004.  Let's see if they make it to 15.

saussage

GSN turns 11
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 05:28:16 PM »
What can I say. whoo whoo.....
Look at the ratings overall for the network. Would you celebrate knowing you were close to the bottom? And changing the appearance of the network to GSN - The network for games would change all of that for the better? I think it made things worse. All I care is good content and less monkeys.

4-5 years ago, GSN was on my TV for over 1/2 of all my TV watching. Now, I watch weekend CS, and maybe a bit of MG and that's it. Nothing excites me much to watch GSN anymore. Gimme that excitement you once had... again.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

CaseyAbell

GSN turns 11
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 09:39:29 AM »
GSN has never ranked very high on the basic cable charts, before or after the name change. The highest they ever got was 32nd on CableWorld's chart the week of the Big Bucks special. Usually the network has ranked in the low 30s or high 40s. Their ranking of 42nd in October was unfortunately typical, as was their household rating of 0.4. (All these numbers are prime time averages.)

As a few people have pointed out, GSN is a niche operation that's only available in about half of this country's households. There's a reason no other cable network in the U.S. specializes in game shows for grownups. You can't expect very high rankings.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:43:11 AM by CaseyAbell »

Jimmy Owen

GSN turns 11
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:10:34 AM »
Another reason there are no other game show nets is that GSN is looked at by cable operators as the "game show network" and they really don't want more than one.  In addition, all the Goodson and Sony product is tied to GSN, so unless GSN leased some of their unused inventory to a competitor, there wouldn't be enough recognizable library product to sustain a viable second net.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.