Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hosts who hated their shows...  (Read 13465 times)

dzinkin

Hosts who hated their shows...
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2005, 09:01:37 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 08:49 PM\']Go. Get. Laid.
[snapback]103859[/snapback]
[/quote]
But not in this group, please.  We're not G-rated but we do have some limits. :-)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2005, 09:22:55 PM »
Whatever.
Person A does something.
Person B catches them do something.
Person A tries to cover what they did.
Person A then denies it, despite the evidence.

If you want to promote that kind of behavior, more power to you, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:23:26 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cacLA8383

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2005, 09:27:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 08:43 PM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 04:50 PM\']Wow, yer an idiot.  You edited your post to make it look like you did nothing wrong when Tyshaun clearly quoted you as doing so. 
[/quote]
The only idiots here are you and Tyshawn, when you're gonna climb all over someone for capitalizing two words.
[snapback]103856[/snapback]
[/quote]

You've climbed over people for things that were worse than this, so I wouldn't talk if I were you, Lemon. :-P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 09:29:56 PM by cacLA8383 »

dzinkin

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2005, 10:16:55 PM »
The day MyCapableAssistant pulls trade scams, lies about having multiple illnesses he/she doesn't have, or fakes his/her own death is the day that a comparison to Mark Raby is appropriate.  (Coincidentally, Mr. Raby recently tried to return to this forum; not surprisingly, he ignored the question of how he could post from the grave.)  No, we're not thrilled when people change quotes and then deny it, but the content wasn't changed, just the emphasis, and it was a single incident -- at worst it merited a low-key chiding, not a comparison to a known, repeated scam artist.

Of course, the original "offense" was laughable.  If anyone else complains about inappropriate emphasis, I may be tempted to remove the restrictions from the account of a certain previous offender.  Do you [font=\"Impact\"]REALLY[/font] [font=\"Optima\"]want[/font] [font=\"Courier\"]that?[/font][/i][/b] :-P

Cool it... all of you.  I'm leaving the thread open because until this came up, it was a good discussion -- let's see if we can get back to that, okay?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 10:19:05 PM by dzinkin »

tyshaun1

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2005, 10:19:04 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 08:43 PM\']The only idiots here are you and Tyshawn, when you're gonna climb all over someone for capitalizing two words.
[snapback]103856[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm guessing you caught the post after he edited it, because it was a lot more than 2 words. Try every three words or so. Plus, I politely asked, and Mark doesn't speak for me.

The only idiot around here is you for jumping to conclusions.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 10:20:23 PM by tyshaun1 »

DJDustman

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2005, 10:32:24 PM »
The drama continues....

Funny how one person tells another to "Go. Get. Laid.", when they've posted 6,000+ times here.

cacLA8383

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2005, 10:39:27 PM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 10:32 PM\']The drama continues....

Funny how one person tells another to "Go. Get. Laid.", when they've posted 6,000+ times here.
[snapback]103868[/snapback]
[/quote]

It could be worse though and have almost 12,000 posts on another certain message board that I'll leave up to the rest of you to figure out which one that is. :-D

BrandonFG

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2005, 10:50:09 PM »
So much for this thread going back to its original purpose...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2005, 10:52:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 07:19 PM\']I'm guessing you caught the post after he edited it, because it was a lot more than 2 words.
[/quote]
I based my comment on your quote, which contained exactly three words in all caps. It did not occur to me that there could have been more to the original post. My apologies.
I still think it's a silly thing to nitpick, tho.
Plus, I politely asked, and Mark doesn't speak for me.
Yes, of course. My apologies to you again.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 12:41:44 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 10:16 PM\'] Do you [font=\"Impact\"]REALLY[/font] [font=\"Optima\"]want[/font] [font=\"Courier\"]that?[/font][/i][/b] :-P
[/quote]
So, that means The Insider will be cancelled for H², right? :)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

gwarman2005

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 07:45:01 AM »
I love the drama a message board brings up.

Back to the topic at hand.... I can't imagine Groucho being thrilled at all of his lines being scripted on You Bet Your Life.  I saw on a docutemtary that he rarely improved and it really frustrated him.  Every once and a while he got away with it.

Plus, if we're counting pilots, George Fennerman on his Crossword pilot looked like he was ready to run for the door.  Messing up his questions and not really knowing the rules of the game you could tell he was getting more and more uncomfortable.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm strong, I can take it.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 09:28:33 AM »
IIRC, In Hector Arce's "The Secret Word is Groucho", the prepared lines were a fallback in case Groucho was having problems with anything from a cold to a bad divorce. Supposedly, Groucho had the option of using the prepared line, or coming up with one of his own - so if he was in the zone, he could ad-lib as much as he wanted, especially knowing the heavy editing would cut out any bomb lines or risque material. Groucho and Guidel understood the value of having a safety net to keep the show's humor level consistent.

JayDLewis

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 10:20:47 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Dec 1 2005, 08:41 PM\']I learned to always ask hosts whether they are comfortable with me shaking their hand on stage during their intro to the studio audience; there are a number of hosts with quirks and superstitions. Marc appreciated me asking, but welcomed a nightly handshake when we worked together recently. That's unlike two hosts with whom I worked and learned to never extend my hand. No names   ;-)
[snapback]103677[/snapback]
[/quote]

Aha...then we can guess!  :)

The easy one is Howie Mandel. The other...hmm...Anne Robinson (because she prefers a big bear hug!).
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 05:43:07 PM »
Odds that one of the hosts is Bob Barker, 1:5000.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

musicman

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 08:53:26 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 08:43 PM\']Ummm, what's that word that Chris Lemon likes to use? That three letter word that sums up a whole post? Oh yeah.......

wow.
[snapback]103855[/snapback]
[/quote]

What exactly does "wow" mean in this site?   Is it computer lingo or is it an acronym?