Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Constance McCashin Questions  (Read 2582 times)

dmota104

Constance McCashin Questions
« on: December 04, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »
Two queries...

1. Wasn't Constance once a civilian contestant on "Pyramid" (may have been the $20K days)?

2. While a cast member of "Knots Landing", she made the rounds as a celebrity player on "The (New) $25,000 Pyramid", "Chain Reaction", MG-HSH and a few others.  Anyone know what she's doing these days?  She was noticeably absent from the KL reunion the other night on CBS.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 08:57:27 AM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 08:02 AM\']Two queries...

1. Wasn't Constance once a civilian contestant on "Pyramid" (may have been the $20K days)?

[snapback]103818[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cullen nighttime version, won $1950. They didn't have time for a second WC round due to multiple tiebreakers. When that happened, the two contestants split $2500 as consolation for no WC(shows didn't straddle on Cullen nighttime Pyramid like they still did on the ABC Pyramid)

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 01:18:19 PM »
Being the huge Knots Landing fan that I am, I can answer the second one. She's reportedly stopped acting and now works as a psychologist. She was fired from Knots Landing during 1987 season I believe, because Lorimar was making cuts to all three of their big soaps (Dallas, KL, and Falcon Crest). Since then she's reportedly been incredibly bitter over her firing and hasn't wanted to really do anything with it. On the 1997 reunion, she wouldn't let her voice be heard on the videotape her character left, and I believe the same thing happened on this reunion, as it didn't sound like her voice on the clip (the '97 reunion was a scripted reunion, I think they dubbed over her voice when they showed the clip of her video in this one). Surprisingly she did appear on the 1993 "Knots Landing Block Party" which aired before the finale episode.

David

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 01:30:16 PM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 01:18 PM\']On the 1997 reunion, she wouldn't let her voice be heard on the videotape her character left, and I believe the same thing happened on this reunion, as it didn't sound like her voice on the clip
[snapback]103827[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not only that, but her face was "fuzzed" on the screen in the 2005 reunion.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 11:22:05 PM by Don Howard »

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 05:03:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 12:30 PM\'][quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' date=\'Dec 4 2005, 01:18 PM\']On the 1997 reunion, she wouldn't let her voice be heard on the videotape her character left, and I believe the same thing happened on this reunion, as it didn't sound like her voice on the clip
[snapback]103827[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not only that, but her face was "fuzzed" on the screen the 2005 reunion.
[snapback]103828[/snapback]
[/quote]

This Boston Globe gossip column tells why McCashin didn't appear on the reunion show:

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/article...anding_reunion/

The Globe's a registration paper, although you do get a minimum number of free views before the wall comes down.

There's also a message from the reunion show's producer on this tvbarn2 thread regarding McCashin and showing clips in general for those kinds of shows.