Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND rules question  (Read 4832 times)

Matt Ottinger

DoND rules question
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 12:23:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 01:10 PM\']I'm also told that in the Italian show, the player can make a bid to the banker via the phone who can either deal, or exclaim "that's too much" and allow them to swap the box with another one.[/quote]
...and since the Italian Banker knows, all of these elements would seem to combine for a much more interesting game.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brig Bother

DoND rules question
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 05:23 PM\'][quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 01:10 PM\']I'm also told that in the Italian show, the player can make a bid to the banker via the phone who can either deal, or exclaim "that's too much" and allow them to swap the box with another one.[/quote]
...and since the Italian Banker knows, all of these elements would seem to combine for a much more interesting game.
[snapback]103963[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which does lead me to wonder why no-one else in the world does it.

I don't know, I'm torn. On the one hand the banker knowing what's in the box would certainly seal my poker analogy and might turn a lot of cold hearts here. On the other hand, it doesn't sit well with me for one reason or another, a game which is based on a chance-based power struggle wouldn't really be a power struggle any more.

Mike Tennant

DoND rules question
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 12:10 PM\']I'm also told that in the Italian show, the player can make a bid to the banker via the phone who can either deal, or exclaim "that's too much" and allow them to swap the box with another one.
[snapback]103958[/snapback]
[/quote]
Does the Banker or the host make the player practice exclaiming "That's too much!" until he says it forcefully enough before starting the game?

uncamark

DoND rules question
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 03:37:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 02:25 PM\'][quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Dec 6 2005, 12:10 PM\']I'm also told that in the Italian show, the player can make a bid to the banker via the phone who can either deal, or exclaim "that's too much" and allow them to swap the box with another one.
[snapback]103958[/snapback]
[/quote]
Does the Banker or the host make the player practice exclaiming "That's too much!" until he says it forcefully enough before starting the game?
[snapback]103998[/snapback]
[/quote]

It being Italian television, they may just have the model with the largest breasts walk in front of the contestant to get that response.  :)