Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal to air in December!  (Read 10401 times)

ChuckNet

Deal or No Deal to air in December!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005, 08:58:48 PM »
Although they've recently changed it so that although they still open them, the losing contestants can now make guesses.

That's how it's always worked on the Aussie version...if a losing contestant's guess as to his/her case's contents is correct, it's worth a modest payoff, depending on what point in the round it's made at.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Brig Bother

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 05:44:39 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 25 2005, 01:58 AM\']
Although they've recently changed it so that although they still open them, the losing contestants can now make guesses.

That's how it's always worked on the Aussie version...if a losing contestant's guess as to his/her case's contents is correct, it's worth a modest payoff, depending on what point in the round it's made at.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
[snapback]103104[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry dude, you're misunderstanding - you're right this has always been the case in the Aussie show. But in the Mexican show, models open the briefcases (a la USA) but losing contestants still get a chance to guess the contents for a prize (this didn't used to be the case, models used to open the briefcase and the losers got no chance at anything).

joe_capitano

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2005, 09:13:41 PM »
Backtracking a bit...
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 05:09 AM\']I certainly DON'T want a repeat of My Kind of Town.  Sheeesh![/quote]
tvwxman: Go back and read Craig's first post. I think he meant he doesn't want NBC to back out of DOND with episodes left on the table, as was the case with MKOT.

Hopefully, ABC will finish off that series at some point either on the mother net or on ABC Family. I was getting to like it.

As to DOND, I don't see the same problem coming up. They'll probably take a small hit on Monday in the West and Rockies, but after that it should be smooth sailing.

musicman

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 11:08:54 PM »
Anybody know what the new DEAL OR NO DEAL set will look like?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 11:21:05 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 26 2005, 08:08 PM\']Anybody know what the new DEAL OR NO DEAL set will look like?
[snapback]103231[/snapback]
[/quote]
Had you bothered to look back in this thread, you would see a link to NBC's page, which should give you a pretty good idea what the set looks like.

Clearly, you couldn't be bothered.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005, 11:47:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 26 2005, 10:21 PM\'][quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 26 2005, 08:08 PM\']Anybody know what the new DEAL OR NO DEAL set will look like?
[snapback]103231[/snapback]
[/quote]
Had you bothered to look back in this thread, you would see a link to NBC's page, which should give you a pretty good idea what the set looks like.

[snapback]103232[/snapback]
[/quote]
Either that, or he could've found out by watching the Southern/Grambling college football game--NBC plugged the hell out of the show during the telecast.

Doug
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 11:47:44 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

musicman

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 10:36:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 26 2005, 11:21 PM\']Had you bothered to look back in this thread, you would see a link to NBC's page, which should give you a pretty good idea what the set looks like.

[snapback]103232[/snapback]
[/quote]

I found the link. After looking at the picture I thought to myself...

"Black...Blue...Purple....yet another bruise for the peacock." (RIMSHOT!)

Seriously, It's nice to see a primetime set on primetime for a change, but why have 26 models?  Wouldn't 26 podiums be cheaper?

aaron sica

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2005, 11:26:08 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 29 2005, 10:19 AM\']I wasn't a huge football fan growing up.  But I've made up for lost time, and now I watch as much as I can.
[snapback]103467[/snapback]
[/quote]

Same here. I absolutely devour football now (whether it be high school, college, or NFL), but before the age of about 14, I couldn't give two squats about it.

ObGameShow: Current CBS NFL guy Dick Enberg hosted "Baffle".