Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal Or No Deal general question  (Read 4102 times)

Card Shark

Deal Or No Deal general question
« on: December 21, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
Is there any rhyme or reason to how the contestants are chosen?
Adam Strom

gsfan85

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 09:39:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Dec 21 2005, 09:23 PM\']Is there any rhyme or reason to how the contestants are chosen?
[snapback]105471[/snapback]
[/quote]

At first I thought they were picked out of the audience, but considering they have lav mic's on as they come down, I'm sure they know before hand.

Adam

roadgeek

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »
Plus what are the odds that every audience member -- at least those that wanted a shot to play -- brought three friends/family members with them?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 12:10:34 AM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Dec 21 2005, 09:08 PM\']Plus what are the odds that every audience member -- at least those that wanted a shot to play -- brought three friends/family members with them?
[snapback]105492[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh good LORD.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

roadgeek

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 12:14:26 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 22 2005, 12:10 AM\']Oh good LORD.
[snapback]105494[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm gonna regret this -- but what? I was answering his question.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 12:20:57 AM »
I'd actually like to hear your answer to that, Chris. His point was valid, wasn't it?

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 12:22:04 AM »
You asked a question that, if one were accustomed to replying exasperatedly to dumb questions, one might read as a dumb question, rather than a "how absurd would that be" question.

One might wonder how exasperated some people can stand to be.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 12:25:29 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 21 2005, 09:20 PM\']I'd actually like to hear your answer to that, Chris. His point was valid, wasn't it?
[snapback]105496[/snapback]
[/quote]
Both of these folks have been members of this forum for some time, yes? And regular readers, it seems reasonable to conclude.

We DID go over the contestant search for this show ad nauseum when it happened. We recently started ANOTHER thread about more "contestant casting" for this show. And these guys are STILL wondering if the players are plucked wholesale out of the audience?

I say it again: Oh good LORD.

roadgeek

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 12:28:26 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 22 2005, 12:25 AM\']And these guys are STILL wondering if the players are plucked wholesale out of the audience?
[snapback]105498[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, I'm not. BTW, thanks for the explanation, Mr. Hutchinson. :)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 12:43:59 AM »
Well, to be fair, wouldn't your "Oh good LORD" be more fairly directed at the OP and not roadgeek?

I'll say no more on the topic. I just wanted to throw that out there.

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 01:22:36 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 21 2005, 09:43 PM\']Well, to be fair, wouldn't your "Oh good LORD" be more fairly directed at the OP and not roadgeek?
[/quote]
I don't think so, because what Adam asked could have been asking a number of things; for one, maybe he wanted to know if the order if play was in any way cooked up. It was the next two who went on the silly audience-selection bent.

Card Shark

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 04:53:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 22 2005, 02:22 AM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 21 2005, 09:43 PM\']Well, to be fair, wouldn't your "Oh good LORD" be more fairly directed at the OP and not roadgeek?
[/quote]
I don't think so, because what Adam asked could have been asking a number of things; for one, maybe he wanted to know if the order if play was in any way cooked up. It was the next two who went on the silly audience-selection bent.
[snapback]105506[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, well, I really was interested in knowing how the order is determined and all that. I figured that there was an earlier post. My days are quite hectic and it was probably the first time I've looked at this group in a while. I did try a feeble attempt at a search before posting this as I figured it had to have been covered, but don't really have the time to weed through so many posts. That's why I figured I'd start my own thread. That way I could tell right away if someone answers.

Now, on to my original question... I gathered that as in most game shows, there is an application and interview process. But, I am curious as to how the producers decide on an order once the people are chosen. That's all.
Adam Strom

roadgeek

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »
My apologies for my reply to your original post, Adam. :)

Card Shark

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 10:39:18 PM »
[quote name=\'roadgeek\' date=\'Dec 22 2005, 09:40 PM\']My apologies for my reply to your original post, Adam. :)
[snapback]105618[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's all good!
Adam Strom