Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs' FEUD  (Read 4383 times)

musicman

Combs' FEUD
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:39:19 PM »
Ray had announced the birth of his sixth child (second son).  After mentioning that, Ray showed a telephone he was holding on to...and suddenly there's a message from GSN that included the old '94-'97 logo and a mailing address followed by a commercial message.  When the commercial was over (about 2 minutes), Ray was introducting the returning family.

What was Ray doing with the phone in his hand?  Did Ray call his wife and there was some issues about airing that?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Combs' FEUD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 12:21:05 AM »
Typically, these are used to cover a contestant plug.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JTFriends1

Combs' FEUD
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 01:07:55 AM »
I believe it was to announce a home-viewer contest: "The $250,000 Family Feud Giveaway" or something like that.  I happened to see a glimpse of all the rules for it on the smushed screen during the closing credits.

cmjb13

Combs' FEUD
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 08:13:44 AM »
[quote name=\'JTFriends1\' date=\'Nov 15 2005, 01:07 AM\']I believe it was to announce a home-viewer contest: "The $250,000 Family Feud Giveaway" or something like that.  I happened to see a glimpse of all the rules for it on the smushed screen during the closing credits.
[snapback]102279[/snapback]
[/quote]
Anyone know how this contest worked?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

HYHYBT

Combs' FEUD
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 05:13:09 AM »
I believe it was one of those 900 number things, the blocked out part would show a question and you called and pressed the number of the answer you wanted. Kinda like "Lucky Day USA".
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages