Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo Series 5 Is a Go  (Read 3746 times)

itiparanoid13

Lingo Series 5 Is a Go
« on: November 21, 2005, 04:41:50 PM »
I talked to GSN today and it's official: Lingo will be having a 5th series sometime in 2006.  I have no clue on the specifics, but as the time draws nearer, I'll be sure to give you guys info.  According to press releases, Lingo rose the 7PM time slot up by 56%.  GSN is supposedly aiming for more traditional game shows also, even some in syndication.

BrandonFG

Lingo Series 5 Is a Go
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 05:30:38 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Nov 21 2005, 04:41 PM\']I talked to GSN today and it's official: Lingo will be having a 5th series sometime in 2006.  I have no clue on the specifics, but as the time draws nearer, I'll be sure to give you guys info.  According to press releases, Lingo rose the 7PM time slot up by 56%.  GSN is supposedly aiming for more traditional game shows also, even some in syndication.
[snapback]102771[/snapback]
[/quote]
Looks like game shows are slowly but surely making a comeback. Between this and that CBS project, this has been an interesting day for game show news...and as long as it all pans out, I'm happy. :-)

Thanks for the info!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

narzo

Lingo Series 5 Is a Go
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:57:28 PM »
hardly marks a "revival". Lingo is all GSN has right now scroring anything, hence the return of MG to an "earlier" time slot.  If the big networks had confidence then the TPIR spectacular CBS taped ages ago would have aired by now, and NBC wouldn't be burning off DOND during one of the lowest TV viewing weeks of the year.  Let's not over-react guys...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 11:58:09 PM by narzo »

musicman

Lingo Series 5 Is a Go
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 09:48:33 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Nov 21 2005, 04:41 PM\']I talked to GSN today and it's official: Lingo will be having a 5th series sometime in 2006.
[snapback]102771[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Talked to GSN"?  Do you mean e-mail, or an accual conversation?  'Cause if you do have their ear, I'd like to ask them something too.

itiparanoid13

Lingo Series 5 Is a Go
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 09:52:22 PM »
I talk to them personally.  I have a few friends that work there, a few pretty high up in the chain.  No, I'm not your messenger.  I'm not asking them any question your heart desires nor am I giving you their email address or telephone number.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Lingo Series 5 Is a Go
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 09:55:09 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 09:48 PM\']"Talked to GSN"?  Do you mean e-mail, or an accual conversation?  'Cause if you do have their ear, I'd like to ask them something too.
[/quote]
Alex runs a newssite, called Buzzer, if you didn't know.  It carries game show news.  Hence, he has various contacts with members of GSN, and their press department.  Said contact information is usually confedential (at least, my NASCAR contact info is confidential), and isn't to be shared with the general public.

GSN has a feedback form on their site, it's called "Request O' Matic".  You can also send them a letter via snail mail...though I don't know if the Culver City address is still valid.
--Mark
Phil 4:13