Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [D.C.] Karn FF hour to 3 p.m.  (Read 12881 times)

uncamark

[D.C.] Karn FF hour to 3 p.m.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2003, 04:47:55 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Aug 22 2003, 08:57 PM\']As for the talk shows, Sharon Osbourne and Jack & Ali will serve as further proof of why we need more syndicated game shows on television.[/quote]
As for Osbourne, I've already heard that her show could be in trouble before it even starts.

On the other hand, Wentworth's a likable, personable performer who may be in her element in this format than as a standup or an actress.  But I just don't buy Jack Ford as the Regis in this equation.  He's not old or cranky enough to fit the bill.  I see mid-season cancellation and a new one-woman show for Wentworth to do off-Broadway or at the Uncabaret in LA about developing a syndicated talk show.

ObGameShow:  You know damn well Ford and Wentworth will be sharing an \"H2\" cubicle within the first couple of months of the new season--Roger King will demand it.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2003, 06:12:03 PM »
Well, since I've seen a few GS changes in this post, in Norfolk, just about stays the same:

WTKR:
-Pyramid 10:00 am (and I assume) 2:05 am
-Millionaire 10:30 am
-TPiR 11:00 am
-H2 4:00 pm, although I'm sure it will be once again trading places with Inside Edition at 4:30

WVEC:
-Wheel 7:00 pm
-Jeopardy! 7:30 pm
No big surprise at all.

WTVZ:
Feud hour now moves from 11:00 am to 5-6 pm, starting this week. Whether this is a permanent change, I don't know, but since I haven't seen WTVZ advertise any syndicated strips, I'm sure it's permanent.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2003, 06:27:51 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2003, 06:32:16 PM »
Will you please stop this?

Thank you...I'll admit I used those juvenile asterisks in the words TALK SHOW back in the day, but now I realize it just looks childish. Not trying to start anything, just pointing that out.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 06:10:13 PM »
Cleveland Changes- courtesy of Donna Kropf of WKYC-

From 11Am to 12M- Family Feud
From 11:30 to 12:30- Pyramid

Thoughts: This may be a good thing...because this means that we lose an hour of news (unless 3 is planning on starting a 4PM newscast...I hope not.) and it stays out of the fury of TPIR. Negatives: no prime access slot (it also was on at 4)

I'm also assuming, with WL's cancellation, Pyramid will be shown again at the block where WL is now on Pax23. And Feud will probably stay at 7PM, as there's a cute promo for \"The best games are here on PAX!\"
(Odd thing: The promo at the end says: \"classic and new Family Feud!\" when in actuality, New Feud with Karn is first, Old Feud with Anderson is second)
insert signature here

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2003, 09:14:25 PM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Aug 22 2003, 04:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 21 2003, 12:44 PM\'] Doesn't look like too many changes in the Harrisburg/Scranton market...WOF and J! are still staying put on the same stations they've been on since 1984 (for Harrisburg, WHP-21) and since 1992 (for Scranton/WB, WBRE-28)... [/quote]
The one possible change might be where WHTM decides to place Millionaire since it's companion TWL is gone.  I don't know if they're considering moving it to 7:30 (replacing \"Friends\") [/quote]
Also, I'm wondering if WHTM might move Millionaire to 12:30 p.m. to replace Port Charles in early October, as WABC and WPVI are both doing....I see WHTM putting some sort of talk show on at 4pm. I don't see the Friends reruns going off anytime soon from 7:30, although a 7-8pm game show block would be kind of cool...

As well, looking ahead in the listings, WBRE-28 is making a change....The double run of Pyramid from 11am-noon has been replaced by a talk show with Ellen DeGeneres, and now will air a single-run episode at 12:30pm.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 10:17:38 PM by Matt Ottinger »

SteveRep

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2003, 10:50:12 AM »
I found one domino-effect of change on WUSA-9 (the CBS affil in DC):

10-11 -- Montel replaces double-run Crossing Over
4-5 -- WWTBAM and Inside Edition replace Montel
7-7:30 -- USA Tonight (another 30 min of local news) replaces WWTBAM

Other than that and FF, I'm not finding any other moves through Sept. 9.

HS/Pyramid stay at 10-11 on WJLA-7 (ABC)
Wheel/J! stay at 7-8 on WJLA-7
Street Smarts stays at 3 a.m. on WBDC-50 (WB)

That's about it. I think that's all there is in the syndicated game-show market. Right?

Still, DC stations continue their love affair with court and talk shows.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2003, 09:21:44 PM »
The ABC O&O in Flint, MI is moving WWTBAM to 12:30pm on Labor Day and exiling the lame-duck \"Port Charles\" to 1:35am.  \"Wayne Brady\" goes in at 4pm, where Judge Judy and Meredith used to be.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 09:25:08 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SteveRep

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2003, 10:47:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 09:21 PM\'] The ABC O&O in Flint, MI is moving WWTBAM to 12:30pm on Labor Day and exiling the lame-duck "Port Charles" to 1:35am.  "Wayne Brady" goes in at 4pm, where Judge Judy and Meredith used to be. [/quote]
 I don't know what WJLA has in mind for the 12:30 \"Port Charles\" slot.

This isn't GS related, but I'm perplexed as to how Wayne Brady isn't cleared in D.C.

WUSA is still playing out the string with Link at 1:35 a.m.

ChuckNet

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2003, 12:21:39 PM »
The ABC O&O in Flint, MI is moving WWTBAM to 12:30pm on Labor Day and exiling the lame-duck \"Port Charles\" to 1:35am.

WWtBaM's also moving to 12:30 on WABC here in NY...wonder how many affiliates it airs on are using it as a replacement for PC.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2003, 12:34:50 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 27 2003, 12:21 PM\']
The ABC O&O in Flint, MI is moving WWTBAM to 12:30pm on Labor Day and exiling the lame-duck "Port Charles" to 1:35am.

WWtBaM's also moving to 12:30 on WABC here in NY...wonder how many affiliates it airs on are using it as a replacement for PC.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Dunno, but that 4:30pm slot opened by WWtbaM's departure to 12:30 may be the one way to save H2 after this season, if they want to move it there.

zachhoran

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\") [/QUOTE]
WPVI(Philadelphia) is as well as WABC, so that's at least two. When KYW premieres its 4PM hour long newscast(before the 5-6:30PM news) on 9/15(WWTBAM's season premiere), will Millionaire settle on WPVI at that time, burying or keeping from airing the final three weeks of PC's run. Pyramid will move to 9AM on KYW starting on Labor Day, making it the first game show to air in Philly in the 9-10AM hour in 15 years IIRC(Crosswits and Split Second 1986-87 were the last to do that, from 9-10AM on WCAU in SUmmer 1988, before Regis and Kathie Lee, now on WPVI, took that time slot)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 12:37:24 PM by zachhoran »

Jumpondees

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2003, 04:55:48 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 09:50 AM\'] I found one domino-effect of change on WUSA-9 (the CBS affil in DC):

10-11 -- Montel replaces double-run Crossing Over
4-5 -- WWTBAM and Inside Edition replace Montel
7-7:30 -- USA Tonight (another 30 min of local news) replaces WWTBAM

Other than that and FF, I'm not finding any other moves through Sept. 9.

HS/Pyramid stay at 10-11 on WJLA-7 (ABC)
Wheel/J! stay at 7-8 on WJLA-7
Street Smarts stays at 3 a.m. on WBDC-50 (WB)

That's about it. I think that's all there is in the syndicated game-show market. Right?

Still, DC stations continue their love affair with court and talk shows. [/quote]
 For me, who lived in DC almost all his life, I can firmly attest to this one solid point about DC television...

I don't think Wheel and J! will ever leave the 7-8pm slot on JLA until they are forced out of there by cancellation.  :-)

uncamark

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2003, 05:43:05 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 26 2003, 09:47 PM\']This isn't GS related, but I'm perplexed as to how Wayne Brady isn't cleared in D.C.[/quote]
Last year, when the show was all-cash, Disney was only placing \"Brady\" in markets where they were guaranteed a decent time slot from the station.  If all Washington was offering was overnight, they weren't biting.  Now that the show's going to cash plus this season, they may not be picking.

And they must consider the current 10 a.m. time slot on WCIU in Chicago OK--Brady appeared earlier this month on WCIU's Budd Biliken parade float (the Budd Biliken parade's a very big deal in Chicago's African-American community and the U's big in black homes in the city, so they have to have a float in that parade--*Donny* rode the float last year).

I assume Wayne'll be on in Washington in some slot, unless Disney's still turning down overnight slots.

ObGameShow:  See reference to Donny Osmond above.