Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weekend WOF reruns now in Philly?  (Read 5798 times)

FOXSportsFan

Weekend WOF reruns now in Philly?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 08:01:55 AM »
Well, inturnaround gets the 2 million CFMCB.  Larry Kane was the original anchor of Channel 6's Action News in 1970, and he was the first to coin the "big story" line.  He even brought that phrase to WABC in his brief tenure there.  Gardner came to town in the mid-late 70s and became the cornerstone he is to this day.  Kane these days serves as a consultant for Comcast's television outlet in Philadelphia, CN8 and occasionally does work for KYW News Radio.

Might I add that Larry Kane's "Philadelphia" is an excellent read whether you're a fan of the dean of Philadelphia newscasting, an aspiring broadcaster, or just plain great storytelling.  Lots of great incites from a true legend.  And, pick up his book on the Beatles if you're a Beatles fan...I hear it's a great read too.

Now if only he could say my college's name right, lol.  A year or two ago he came to our local mall for a book signing, and my colleagues got him to tape a promo for the college.  The name of the college is Cumberland County College...he called us Cumberland County Community College.  Nothing big, but with the airplay it gets...

If you'll excuse me, I'm heading up to NYC for a daytrip with my journalism class to tour 30 Rock and take in NYC pre-Turkey Day.