Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet another WoF home game  (Read 4061 times)

alfonzos

Yet another WoF home game
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:44:15 PM »
At a suburban Kay Bee Toys I came across a do-it-yourself demonstration of a new Wheel of Fortune home game. It's from Jakks. The company that makes the video games that were made by Atari in the eighties using today's technology. Anyway, the unit plugs into the television set and you can play multiplayer or solitaire.

All the special spaces, jackpots and free spin discs are available. To spin the wheel one actually has to use a spinner imbedded in the contoller. An interesting note: on the most difficult level my bonus puzzle category was "thing" and LSTRN and E revealed " - - S T - - S T E R ." Duh.

The frequently does a time out to save the scores in its memory. Whether the game saves the scores after it has been turned off or unplugged is unknown.

Fans should enjoy this one.

The company is working on Jeopardy!. (Who saw that coming?)

Official website:Jakks Products
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »
Thanks for breaking that story.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:12:04 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Nov 2 2005, 02:06 PM\']Thanks for breaking that story.
[snapback]101096[/snapback]
[/quote]
<Ric Romero> In other news, I have this great new hobby called "blogging" to tell you about... </Ric Romero>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 05:04:19 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 2 2005, 06:12 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Nov 2 2005, 02:06 PM\']Thanks for breaking that story.
[snapback]101096[/snapback]
[/quote]
<Ric Romero> In other news, I have this great new hobby called "blogging" to tell you about... </Ric Romero>
[snapback]101098[/snapback]
[/quote]

<Ric>There's this show -- it has a wheel, and you spin it -- then, you get to play a game that resembles hangman.  It's pretty swell.</Ric>