Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Dream Show...  (Read 10151 times)

gwarman2005

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2005, 10:17:27 AM »
TPIR hands down

The Ol' Guy

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2005, 11:11:37 AM »
Tough choice. First thought Barry Joker (had a chance for that)..but if it were one show, I guess I'll take Cullen Blockbusters. Even at my advanced age, I should be able to hit the button first a fair amount of times, and even if I lost, it still would be fun spending time with Cullen at what some would agree was his best last hurrah.

Mike Tennant

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2005, 12:12:51 PM »
TPIR, 'cause I've always wanted to meet Bob Barker.  My parents say they could prop me up in front of the TV when I was just a baby and I would sit there transfixed whenever Bob came on, which, in those days, could have been on TorC, TPIR, or any of the various beauty pageants, parades, etc., that he hosted.  Probably I saw him on TorC the most because my dad loved that show.

If I could be on the show at any time in its history, I think I'd want to be on during the early to mid-80's, when Janice, Dian, and Holly were there and the "family" image was still intact; Bob would actually have time to talk to me on the air; and I'd get to enjoy a great Johnny O. warmup.

ChuckNet

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2005, 09:43:56 PM »
I'd also go w/$otC for the reasons Dustin specified...fairly easy Qs, and even if you don't win, you can still walk away w/a few thousand $$$s in cash/prizes.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Your Dream Show...
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2005, 12:41:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Oct 22 2005, 03:08 PM\']I fared well playing an offshoot of "Sale of the Century" freshman year. The questions weren't that bad, and I wouldn't mind having to build my bank for 8 days at a time...

...so I'll say the Winner's Board or Shopping Era versions of "$ale"
[snapback]100104[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't know if I should give a better explanation to this, other than just the fact it is Sale.

(get ready for a boring explanation)

I originally wanted to be on "Wheel of Fortune" as a contestant because its pretty easy: spin, buy, solve, win. Fairly simple format. I already accomplished that feat recently as a contestant (my show is supposed to air on November 28th). With that in mind, I had to pick the other show, which is just as simple (figuratively speaking).

You simply just answer questions, buy prizes (if you feel like it), and take small (but sometimes neccessary) risks, in order to build a cash jackpot. As easy as that may seem, its the process of keeping the audience at home (and in-studio)...keep the audience on their feet, and you'd produce well (if you're good at doing it under pressure)

The prizes on $ale were about on-level with Wheel (in the 80s/early 90s), so you could walk out with Wheel with a bundle, as well as "$ale"

In a way, both shows draw their parallels, and since one dream's already been fulfilled, then I can gladly say of my other dream.

I'm done, let me enjoy my birthday cake.
-Dave

michaellinn

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2005, 03:42:14 PM »
"$ale of the Century" for me as well.

JakeT

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2005, 02:42:11 AM »
It would be unforgiveable if I didn't make my selection...and only one show would do...

"Queen For A Day", of course...

And you can be sure that Randy Amasia would have appeared on the same episode with me, leaving us to try and one-up each other's God-awful depressing stories, just so we could get that damn sash, robe and crown...

Jake