Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Dream Show...  (Read 10261 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Your Dream Show...
« on: October 21, 2005, 02:48:07 AM »
If you were guaranteed a single appearance on the game show of your choice, past or present--what would you pick?

I'll weigh in with my choice later.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:28:56 AM »
For me, I'd go with The Price Is Right.  I know all the pricing games pretty much by heart, have a fairly good knowledge of what certain things cost & it's fun to watch & even play along at home on most pricing games.  I sure wish I can see in oerson what all the hubbub is about with this show.

BrandonFG

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:45:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Oct 21 2005, 01:48 AM\']If you were guaranteed a single appearance on the game show of your choice, past or present--what would you pick?

I'll weigh in with my choice later.
[snapback]99998[/snapback]
[/quote]
Prolly Wheel, during the shopping era. Either that or Card Sharks. I'm still weighing that one. ;-)

Would've said $ale of the Century (Perry), but you could win more on Wheel or CS.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

joshg

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:32:41 AM »
Concentration
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Ian Wallis

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:49:50 AM »
When I first read the question I immediately thought of "Millionaire", because I'd love the challenge of sitting in the Hot Seat.  However, there's no guarantee of winning much if you get a hard or obscure stack.  So if I could pick just one, it would probably be "Press Your Luck" - partly because even after they changed the patterns, I knew a few of them myself - and it seems like one of the easiest shows out there!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

beatlefreak84

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 09:24:52 AM »
I would certainly have the most fun playing "Press Your Luck;" even if I didn't win any money, it would still be a great experience.

As far as a show that I felt I could do well on, I would probably say "Sale of the Century."  The questions weren't that bad, and neither were the winnings!  It was also one of my favorite game shows as a kid and was so full of excitement, especially if you knew someone was getting close to the cash jackpot.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

HairMetalLives

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »
I've always wanted to be on "Double Dare." I know I'm way past the age limit now, but this is all just fantasy anyway, right?

$100kPyramidfan

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 11:28:02 AM »
I have several. Any versions of Password, Pyramid, also Blockbusters. And also You Don't Say now that I know the format, simply because I love word/category association games.

Also Card Sharks and TPIR wouldn't be too shabby either.

The good part is that I could be at least on one of the shows I mentioned.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 11:29:12 AM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
Your Dream Show...
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 11:32:15 AM »
I'm going to say Match Game 7x... because the show looks like it would be a hoot to be a contestant on.

That... and I'm envious of Gene Rayburn's microphone.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Your Dream Show...
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 11:36:25 AM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Oct 21 2005, 10:28 AM\']I have several.
[snapback]100014[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well, learn how to count to one, first of all.

As for my pick--I think I'd go with The Joker's Wild, Barry.  How could you lose with questions easy as those?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

$100kPyramidfan

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 11:36:48 AM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Oct 21 2005, 11:32 AM\']I'm going to say Match Game 7x... because the show looks like it would be a hoot to be a contestant on.

That... and I'm envious of Gene Rayburn's microphone.
[snapback]100015[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, now that I think about it.. that's another show. I know it sounds a little silly, but if I were to have ever become famous, I would have loved to be a panelist on MG'7x. Also several other panel shows, To Tell The Truth, WML?, etc.

Well, then, Modor, I'd just pick Pyramid as one. It was difficult for me to come up with just one at first, 'cause there are so many.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 11:41:29 AM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Your Dream Show...
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 12:17:43 PM »
As always, this question can be answered in two ways, at least for me.

Which show would I be more likely to take a great deal of money away from? Wheel, no question. The contestants they're bringing in are morons, and they have such an acute case of Mo' Money Syndrome over there that I'd have to actually make a concerted effort to walk away with less than ten grand.

So if I could only be on one show, that's what I'd do to maximize my profits.

Now, if money isn't an issue, and I wanted to go on the show to play the game? $25,000 Pyramid, please, no question. The Jack Narz Concentration would run second, and any incarnation of Sale would be third.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 12:21:57 PM »
"J!"  It's still the gold standard of Q&A shows and I would die happy after being on it.

"Pyramid" a close second.

Tony

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 02:09:23 PM »
My first choice would be Wheel, 1997-98 season.

Since the question only asked for one show, that's all I'm giving (although I have several more I would like/have liked to be on.

Chief-O

Your Dream Show...
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 05:26:43 PM »
"Sale of the Century". With all those questions, and prizes only "Wheel" could top, who can resist??
.....and it goes like this!!!