Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A couple more PW+ questions  (Read 2228 times)

whewfan

A couple more PW+ questions
« on: October 17, 2005, 06:33:02 AM »
I have one question about the gameplay, and another question not related to gameplay, but something that happened on the show.

First Q: I don't remember if I've seen this happen, but what happens if a player or celeb takes too long to decide whether to play or pass? Does that side just lose their option and the other team gets to give the first clue?

Second Q: One of the puzzles had the clue "lips" and the solution was "wax". Tom then walked away from his podium and pulled out a tray of wax lips, which the panel and contestants and Tom played around with. (No way would Allen allow this silliness if he was still hosting... not that I am criticizing Tom, but I can't picture Allen putting on wax lips, nor would I care to!)

Here's my question... what was the deal with wax lips?! What started that oddball fad, if it was a fad to begin with?

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 08:29:35 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 05:33 AM\']I have one question about the gameplay, and another question not related to gameplay, but something that happened on the show.

First Q: I don't remember if I've seen this happen, but what happens if a player or celeb takes too long to decide whether to play or pass? Does that side just lose their option and the other team gets to give the first clue?
[/quote]
Other team gives two clues.  Don't know if this changed through out the run though.
[quote name=\'whewfan\']Second Q: One of the puzzles had the clue "lips" and the solution was "wax". Tom then walked away from his podium and pulled out a tray of wax lips, which the panel and contestants and Tom played around with. (No way would Allen allow this silliness if he was still hosting... not that I am criticizing Tom, but I can't picture Allen putting on wax lips, nor would I care to!)

Here's my question... what was the deal with wax lips?! What started that oddball fad, if it was a fad to begin with?
[snapback]99732[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can't help you there.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 10:36:44 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 03:33 AM\']Here's my question... what was the deal with wax lips?! What started that oddball fad, if it was a fad to begin with?
[snapback]99732[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's an old-skool candy. The wax is food-grade, pliable, and has flavoring added to it. Once you got through the novelty of playing with the lips, you bit some off and chewed it like gum. Think "candy necklace".
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ryan Bugaj

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 07:18:43 PM »
Except that candy necklaces are much more fun, if you catch my drift... :-)