Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hidden gems?  (Read 11308 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Hidden gems?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2005, 12:38:19 PM »
[quote name=\'megamanj1986\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 10:47 AM\']Not exactly. Hot Potato added a few extra elements of strategy and more variety to the questions than Feud did. Not to mention in that fact that if a player gave a wrong answer, they sat out and not get a strike.
[/quote]
I'd like to know what the "extra elements" of strategy are....they even took the "pass or play" option from Feud....as well as the "varied questions"...huh?

The fact that the players sat out is about the only thing that differentiated itself from Feud.  I'm all for you having your opinion, but...if that's how you're going to back it up....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

entguy1

Hidden gems?
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2005, 01:19:56 PM »
What about "Chain Reaction"? I liked the concept of it, but it failed in the execution at times (especially in the crappy cable remake).

gwarman2005

Hidden gems?
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2005, 02:04:41 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 01:19 PM\']What about "Chain Reaction"? I liked the concept of it, but it failed in the execution at times (especially in the crappy cable remake).
[snapback]99754[/snapback]
[/quote]

I thought that crappy cable version was basiclly ignored and never mentioned.  Even TTD '90 gets a warmer reception.

uncamark

Hidden gems?
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2005, 06:14:35 PM »
Gotta agree with Matt.  "Every Second Counts" was such a polished, fun show and Raferty's best moment as a host.

If KW was all that interested in keeping game shows going in other venues (not necessarily syndication) they should've suggested that Radosh take the format for a spin before they broke up the "H2" gang.  (They own the show and format.)

zachhoran

Hidden gems?
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2005, 07:14:59 PM »
[quote name=\'gwarman2005\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 01:04 PM\']

I thought that crappy cable version was basiclly ignored and never mentioned.  Even TTD '90 gets a warmer reception.
[snapback]99756[/snapback]
[/quote]

The USA Chain Reaction, particularly the Geoff Edwards-hosted shows, generally gets a warmer reception around here than TTD90 gets.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hidden gems?
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2005, 07:17:55 PM »
Mind you, that's like saying that Craig Karlberg gets a warmer reception than Zach Horan. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

Hidden gems?
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2005, 08:18:13 PM »
How about we vote on twit of the year between the two of them, Craig and Zach?

My vote probably would go for GO, which seems like a great party game.  Kevin was a solid host and the format, with slight tweaking would be flawless.  Plus, the double bonus as mentioned: BRILLIANT!  Proof positive that time slots often can help a show or send it off to the land of colored bars.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Hidden gems?
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2005, 09:34:46 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 07:18 PM\']How about we vote on twit of the year between the two of them, Craig and Zach?
[snapback]99782[/snapback]
[/quote]
Too many (dis)honorable mentions to exclude.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Casey

Hidden gems?
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2005, 09:55:40 PM »
I'm kinda sorta surprised nobody mentioned $1 million COAL. Maybe it's because I was in grade school when it was on, but the gameboard with the big computer keyboard fascinated me, and the end game was exciting... (again, I was a child when this was on.)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hidden gems?
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2005, 10:06:48 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 06:55 PM\']I'm kinda sorta surprised nobody mentioned $1 million COAL. Maybe it's because I was in grade school when it was on, but the gameboard with the big computer keyboard fascinated me, and the end game was exciting... (again, I was a child when this was on.)
[snapback]99788[/snapback]
[/quote]
...and beyond that, it was a poor attempt to rip off Wheel.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

Hidden gems?
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2005, 11:05:30 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 07:18 PM\']My vote probably would go for GO, which seems like a great party game.  Kevin was a solid host and the format, with slight tweaking would be flawless.  Plus, the double bonus as mentioned: BRILLIANT!  Proof positive that time slots often can help a show or send it off to the land of colored bars.
[/quote]

Having a Rafferty moment? ;)

gwarman2005

Hidden gems?
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2005, 11:47:42 PM »
$1M COAL was proof that a huge payoff doen't equal ratings.  Sure it lasted a season or two, BUT back then winning a million dollars should've been news worthy but there was never a peep about it.  None that I saw anyway.

The Ol' Guy

Hidden gems?
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2005, 12:14:36 AM »
$1M Chance of a Lifetime a gem? Cubic zirconium, maybe.
And if you'd like to play GO as a party game, Patch Products re-designed it's old Talkin' Tango game into a smaller version called Back & Forth. It's on their website.

BrandonFG

Hidden gems?
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2005, 01:13:24 AM »
[quote name=\'gwarman2005\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 10:47 PM\']$1M COAL was proof that a huge payoff doen't equal ratings.  Sure it lasted a season or two, BUT back then winning a million dollars should've been news worthy but there was never a peep about it.  None that I saw anyway.
[snapback]99801[/snapback]
[/quote]
Perhaps Lorimar-Telepictures was better at keeping secrets than Disney (Millionaire)? :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

Hidden gems?
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 01:15:00 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 07:18 PM\']My vote probably would go for GO, which seems like a great party game.
[/quote]

I actually could see it being a lot of fun if the players are drunk. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!