Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Survivor" WITHOUT Jeff?!  (Read 6408 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Survivor" WITHOUT Jeff?!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 02:19:50 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 10:04 AM\']So I'll tie all this commentary back to the original topic and say that it wouldn't surprise me if Boston Rob becomes a host candidate if Jeff leaves.
[snapback]99273[/snapback]
[/quote]
It wouldn't surprise me either, but more because CBS has had a history of really boneheaded programming moves over any kind of qualifications on Rawb's part.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 04:10:04 PM »
Rawb would bring a sense of humor to the host's role, so while he'd be very different, it might be interesting. Colby will be the one, though. I'm sure he can do the "fire is a symbol of life" speech in the same wooden, over-important way Probst did.

Trouble is, if Probst leaves Survivor, that opens his schedule for "The Price Is Right." Yuck!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 04:10:44 PM by Neumms »

GS Warehouse

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 05:26:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 01:19 PM\']... CBS has had a history of really boneheaded programming moves over any kind of qualifications on Rawb's part.
[snapback]99286[/snapback]
[/quote]If CBS didn't have a history of boneheaded programming moves over anything, they wouldn't be a broadcast network. :-)

[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 03:10 PM\']... Colby will be the one, though. I'm sure he can do the "fire is a symbol of life" speech in the same wooden, over-important way Probst did.
[snapback]99309[/snapback]
[/quote]Anybody see Colby on NBC's Las Vegas the other night?  Makes me wonder if he's going to fill a hosting vacancy on a reality show when he's starting to make his mark in acting (how serious is up for debate).  OTOH, after I made my earlier post, someone at alt.tv.survivor made this suggestion:
The best bet is to watch some fringe game show for possible
replacements, such as a Peter Tomarken or a Greg Proops - not that they
are good candidates, but simply examples of the obscurity I speak of.
Game show experience but not a household name.
It will need to be someone who can establish a "Survivor persona", not
someone who tries to incorporate an existing persona into Survivor.
A reply to that says it's best to find an unknown who isn't a Probst clone.  Chris Lemon, anybody? [ducks]

[quote name=\'Neumms\']Trouble is, if Probst leaves Survivor, that opens his schedule for "The Price Is Right." Yuck![/quote]"In our next pricing game, fire represents life."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:27:32 PM by GS Warehouse »

Robair

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 04:13:31 AM »
My vote is for Colby, all the way. And if they're smart, they'll have him create some of the challenges since he went through them himself.

You really want GREG PROOPS in this mix? I mean, he never dresses in less than a suit and tie...you want him overdressed for wading in ankle-deep water? And he's too smarmy for this gig.

And there is no way you are getting Jeff Probst behind the wheel of TPIR. If anything, he should be next in line for "Jeopardy!".
--Robair

TonicBH

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2005, 07:16:06 AM »
well, if he wishes to leave Survivor, more power to him. I don't care who the new host would be because I stopped watching Survivor after... well, I never really did watch Survivor in the first place, aside from a few episodes in the first three seasons.

I agree with Robair's advice: If he goes back into television, he could host Jeopardy... which probably won't happen since Alex will probably keep hosting even if he's on a walker. Not like he has no experience at it: Before Survivor, most game show fans knew him hosting some Jeopardy spinoff on VH1.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

uncamark

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2005, 12:09:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Oct 13 2005, 03:13 AM\']My vote is for Colby, all the way. And if they're smart, they'll have him create some of the challenges since he went through them himself.

You really want GREG PROOPS in this mix? I mean, he never dresses in less than a suit and tie...you want him overdressed for wading in ankle-deep water? And he's too smarmy for this gig.

And there is no way you are getting Jeff Probst behind the wheel of TPIR. If anything, he should be next in line for "Jeopardy!".
[snapback]99383[/snapback]
[/quote]

What I think Probst really wants to do is get back into movies.  When the first "Survivor" came on, he was shopping around a nice little film called "Finder's Fee" to festivals and got it on Showtime (and it is a decent film, nothing great, but nicely done).  The film directing's been put on hold for Mark Burnett and I think that Probst would like to get back to doing that.

(Of course, the question is--could 10 "Survivor" series and scores of Tribal Councils allow anyone in the biz now to take Probst seriously?  He had a better shot at filmmaking *before* "Survivor.")

Steve McClellan

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 03:26:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Oct 13 2005, 04:16 AM\']Alex will probably keep hosting even if he's on a walker.[/quote]
Actually, Alex has been hinting that he may hang it up before the decade's out.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 03:27:12 PM by Steve McClellan »