Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Survivor" WITHOUT Jeff?!  (Read 6405 times)

Winkfan

"Survivor" WITHOUT Jeff?!
« on: October 10, 2005, 05:27:53 PM »
According to Inside TV magazine, Jeff Probst may be saying "adios" to Survivor possibly next year. It's reported he wants to spend more time with his new girlfriend at home.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--[color=\"orange\"]the 'Twyla Littleton of the Big Board!'[/color]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:11:28 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

inturnaround

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 02:48:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Oct 10 2005, 05:27 PM\']It's reported he wants to spend more time with his new girlfriend at home.
[snapback]99104[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can you blame him? Have you seen his girlfriend?

Still, the next season should be shot very soon, so if a decision is being made, it should be announced over the next few weeks.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

whewfan

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 06:09:46 AM »
Considering his girlfriend is an ex-survivor contestant, they could make her a co-host.

I think if they're going to find a new host. It should be an ex-survivor contestant...

How about...

Richard Hatch- A very obvious choice, and he'll need the money once the IRS cleans his clock. Only problem would be, they'd have to blur out everything below the waist the whole time.

Rupert- Everyone likes Rupert! I'm sure he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Susan Hawk- She's proven herself to be a strong personality. I think she'd do fine.

Stephanie- If the audience won't be too tired of her after this season, I think she's smart enough to handle the duties as well. She probably understands the game better than any other female in the series.

Jenna and Heidi- Come on! They appeared in Playboy together, they got naked for peanut butter and chocolate... who WOULDN'T watch?! As long as the focus doesn't turn towards them, they'd do fine.

Shawna Mitchell- She's pretty and I like her! Enough said!

sshuffield70

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:59:50 AM »
You left out another possibility - Colby.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 10:28:51 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 05:59 AM\']You left out another possibility - Colby.
[snapback]99155[/snapback]
[/quote]
And among those candidates mentioned, Colby Donaldson is the only one that I _wouldn't_ laugh out of the room. Hatch is going to be dropping the soap, Soozin is just a freakin' nutcase (as made even MORE evident on Battle Of The Network Reality Stars), Rupert, while likable, simply isn't a television personality, and none of the cited women have demonstrated they would be anything more than eye candy.

I'd put down cash right now that says that if Colby applied for the job, he'd get it. He has the "look", we know he can shill, and he would carry on the same "feel" Probst has on the show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 01:05:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 10:28 AM\'][quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 05:59 AM\']You left out another possibility - Colby.[/quote]
And among those candidates mentioned, Colby Donaldson is the only one that I _wouldn't_ laugh out of the room. [/quote]
I'm hoping that whewfan was mostly joking with his list, since none of them would ever even be considered as replacements.  

If you're thinking of former contestants as potential new hosts, the list begins and ends with Colby.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 05:00:13 PM »
If Probst steps down, do you think CBS will axe the show - or are the ratings still good enough to justify continuing with it?

For what it's worth, Steve Beverly stated recently "give the show about two more years..."
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Speedy G

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 07:50:57 PM »
This thread is severely lacking in Rob Cesternino.  Come on, it would be fantastic!  It would be a not-laugh every minute!

All vomit-inducing comments aside, what's Mark Walberg doing right now?  Given the Bobbyjon/Steph overdose so far this season, I can't see ANY former contestant doing it without being the center of attention.

(FWIW, Jenna M. from S6 seems to be pretty versed in the game, judging by the weekly webcast on CBS' Survivor website.  She'd still be boring as bricks hosting.)
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

inturnaround

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 10:07:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 05:00 PM\']If Probst steps down, do you think CBS will axe the show - or are the ratings still good enough to justify continuing with it?
[snapback]99199[/snapback]
[/quote]

Probst isn't the show. He's one helluva good host, but he's far from the reason people watch it. So a Probst leave won't cause the show to be axed.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Colby hosting, either. He's one of Jeff's best friends and he would certainly have his vote. He's been there. He's personable and he's comfortable in front of the camera.

Beverly's opinion is worth the electrons he wrote it with. He hates "game operas", a name he uses perjoratively, though pigheadedly covers them for some odd reason.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Passepartout

• Happy Halloween 2021
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 12:59:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 01:05 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 10:28 AM\'][quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Oct 11 2005, 05:59 AM\']You left out another possibility - Colby.[/quote]
And among those candidates mentioned, Colby Donaldson is the only one that I _wouldn't_ laugh out of the room. [/quote]
I'm hoping that whewfan was mostly joking with his list, since none of them would ever even be considered as replacements.  

If you're thinking of former contestants as potential new hosts, the list begins and ends with Colby.
[snapback]99172[/snapback]
[/quote]

BTW Matt, Whewfan is a woman! Thought I might tell you that!
Colby does have the personality and the looks of the host.
If Jeff Probst decides to leave.
But Jeff is the one and only true Survivor host.
The original is and always will be the original!
2021 Happy Halloween

tyshaun1

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 10:16:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Passepartout\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 12:59 AM\']BTW Matt, Whewfan is a woman! Thought I might tell you that!
Colby does have the personality and the looks of the host.
If Jeff Probst decides to leave.
But Jeff is the one and only true Survivor host.
The original is and always will be the original!
[snapback]99238[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm glad Matt Kaiser now knows he's a woman. ;)

I'd say if anyone, they would move Phil Keoghan over from Amazing Race, since he's already a recognizable face from a slightly similar show.

Tyshaun

dzinkin

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 10:16 AM\'][quote name=\'Passepartout\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 12:59 AM\']BTW Matt, Whewfan is a woman! Thought I might tell you that!
[snapback]99238[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm glad Matt Kaiser now knows he's a woman. ;)
[snapback]99250[/snapback]
[/quote]
If he is, he's, er, an interesting-looking woman. :-)

I think Shelby was confusing whewfan with Winkfan.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 07:54 AM\']I think Shelby was confusing
[snapback]99251[/snapback]
[/quote]
Was? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 01:04:52 PM »
I didn't know Matt Kaiser was a contestant on TTD in 1986.  ("It's time to meet a new contestant.  Introduce us to her, Charlie.") :-)  But now that you've had your fun, I figured since we're talking about Survivor, I thought I'd add this instead of starting a new thread.  Starting this week, OLN is showing Survivor on Wednesdays only, with three back-to-back episodes.  Could it be that OLN is disappointed with Survivor already?  Then again, I think it's because the NHL has taken over Monday and Tuesday nights.

Incidentally, tonight begins Survivor: Marquesas, the season that gave us Rob Mariano.  Coincidentally, GSN is showing the finale of Amazing Race 7 tonight--also with Boston Rob.  It should be noted that this is the last all-new-to-GSN ep of Race until they acquire the family race now in progress.  (Then again, it's Lost night on ABC, so who cares what else is on? :-) )

So I'll tie all this commentary back to the original topic and say that it wouldn't surprise me if Boston Rob becomes a host candidate if Jeff leaves.  He'll probably lose Mom, who's been a Survivor fan since Borneo, but you can't please everybody.  OTOH, his availability depends on Amber, if you know what I mean. :-)

One more tidbit, then I'll get off the soapbox.  Fans of Bumper Stumpers announcer Ken Ryan will be glad to know that C.O.P.S. (not the Fox reality series, the 80s cartoon that features Ryan in a leading voice role) is coming to DVD in February.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 01:11:49 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 12 2005, 01:04 PM\'] Fans of Bumper Stumpers announcer Ken Ryan will be glad to know that C.O.P.S. (not the Fox reality series, the 80s cartoon that features Ryan in a leading voice role) is coming to DVD in February.[/quote]
I'm sure both of them will rush right out and buy a copy.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.