Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would you chase the game show dream?  (Read 3433 times)

cmjb13

Would you chase the game show dream?
« on: August 16, 2003, 03:44:43 PM »
It's the late 1970's/early 80's. Game shows are all over television. You have an opportunity to work on a game show (network or syndie), which you have always wanted to do.

Would you make the decision to make a change in lifestyle and move cross country if necessary?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 03:47:32 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 16 2003, 12:44 PM\'] Would you make the decision to make a change in lifestyle and move cross country if necessary? [/quote]
 With the knowledge that I had a job in place that would at least pay enough money to get me settled in a new home? Hell yes, in a second. That's basically what I did when I moved here to Seattle, minus the gameshow tie-in. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 04:24:40 PM »
I would move cross-country, but I wouldn't change my lifestyle.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 05:33:33 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 16 2003, 02:44 PM\'] It's the late 1970's/early 80's. Game shows are all over television. You have an opportunity to work on a game show (network or syndie), which you have always wanted to do.

Would you make the decision to make a change in lifestyle and move cross country if necessary? [/quote]
 I'd definitely move cross-country, as for the lifestyle, if you mean having a new circle of friends, then of course. :-)

Then again, I'd probably get homesick sooner or later, and would resort to having the first ever national game show originate from Virginia. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 05:40:04 PM »
By lifestyle, I mean adapting to a new environment, possibly smaller dwelling, etc...
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Timsterino

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 06:47:42 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 16 2003, 03:44 PM\'] It's the late 1970's/early 80's. Game shows are all over television. You have an opportunity to work on a game show (network or syndie), which you have always wanted to do.

Would you make the decision to make a change in lifestyle and move cross country if necessary? [/quote]
 Absolutely! Without question I would do that. I wish it was the late 1970s for that reason lol. I would change the whole shabang and my wife would totally support me. She is awesome.

Tim :-)

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 08:54:01 PM »
Would you make the decision to make a change in lifestyle and move cross country if necessary?

If it paid enough for me to rent, live, etc...in a heartbeat! Besides, a lurker on this board who lives out there is one of my best friends, not to mention several other good friends I've come to know through ATGS, this board, and the web.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 10:48:34 PM »
Since I am one who aspires to be in the game show world, I am already considering it. Once I am financially secure enough to pay my bills and move on, I am heading straight for L.A. and make a name for myself.

Of course, during the months off, I'll move into my good ol' summer house here in Indiana.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.