Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel's New Season...  (Read 23944 times)

$100kPyramidfan

Wheel's New Season...
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:09:45 PM »
Hello. For those of you who saw it, does anyone have any opinions or thoughts about the new season of Wheel of Fortune? It was pre-empted here in the Atlanta Metro for a local football special.

Brandon
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:21:01 PM »
I'd have something to say about the intro, but Lemon could say it better than I could.

gameshowguy2000

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 08:23:25 PM »
I was going to say the same thing about the intro. But I'll sum that up in one word: Bizarre.

For the show itself, not too bad.

urbanpreppie05

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 08:34:18 PM »
What's the difference with the intro?
insert signature here

bandit_bobby

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 08:42:35 PM »
Boy, talk about putting some of their promo work to use on the intro.

I would have left the pacing alone as it was.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:43:09 PM by bandit_bobby »

Robert Hutchinson

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »
It's a short piece of animation showing a guy dropping everything to get ready to watch Wheel. "Wheel of Fortune--loved by bachelors and their dressed-up cats."

The show was pretty much what you would expect from the earlier reports--an easier category showed up, the commercials were shifted around, and they couldn't stop talking about the Wheel Watcher's Club chance for a car. Oh, and the contestants were--but I'll stop there.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 08:49:10 PM »
It continually amazes me (and it shouldn't anymore) that the subgroup of our membership who have a freakin' cow whenever the least little thing is changed on a game show is also the subgroup who happens to think that WOF is the Second Coming as television goes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Red

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 08:52:36 PM »
The show felt like it was in fast forward. Pat talked faster, Vanna walked faster. They either cut part of spins out or they make them spin lighter. It is just not fun anymore.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

BrandonFG

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 09:41:25 PM »
I checked it out. Still makes me long for the late-80s/early-90s, when it was about the GAME, and not how many ads and fancy graphics the show can cram into 22 minutes.

D_G
_ND
P_NY
SH_W

-it's a PHRASE- (vowels left)

That being said, the way they had a commercial outro following the bonus round, then immediately fade in with the post-mortem really caught me off guard, why not just have Vanna walk over to the contestant, or have Pat say bye (a la early syndie eps.) and cue fee plugs?

Is this going to be the norm, or was Wheel just strapped for time today? Not that I'm complaining, but it just looked like a REALLY cruddy edit.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WilliamPorygon

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »
Just wait until next season... the opening sequence will show all the folks at the retirement home abandoning their bingo game and racing their wheelchairs back to their rooms to catch Wheel.

The "No More Vowels" graphic and sound effect are even more annoying than last season.

tmq800

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 09:54:24 PM »
What is a commercial outro?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 09:57:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tmq800\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 06:54 PM\']What is a commercial outro?
[/quote]
The opposite of an intro. Usually consists of something approximating "We'll be right back, after this."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 10:15:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 07:49 PM\']It continually amazes me (and it shouldn't anymore) that the subgroup of our membership who have a freakin' cow whenever the least little thing is changed on a game show is also the subgroup who happens to think that WOF is the Second Coming as television goes.
[snapback]96598[/snapback]
[/quote]

Finally, someone who agrees with me!
--Matt

davemackey

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 09:41 PM\']That being said, the way they had a commercial outro following the bonus round, then immediately fade in with the post-mortem really caught me off guard, why not just have Vanna walk over to the contestant, or have Pat say bye (a la early syndie eps.) and cue fee plugs?

Is this going to be the norm, or was Wheel just strapped for time today? Not that I'm complaining, but it just looked like a REALLY cruddy edit.
[snapback]96608[/snapback]
[/quote]
"Wheel" may have made the decision to reformat the commercial load after several shows were already in the can, hence the awkward transition near the end of the show. But now it seems like "Wheel" ends closer to 8:00 p.m.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 11:37:50 PM »
If you compare this to the 1995 intro...this is a little more bizarre than usual.

The pacing was weird, beyond weird. I just can't see the transition there, because I was anticipating Vanna walking up to Pat and Contestant and end it right there.

I hope this doesn't *last* for long because it just felt weird and rushed.