Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel's New Season...  (Read 23954 times)

Steve McClellan

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 08:40:39 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Sep 14 2005, 05:19 PM\']Common sense and logic be damned![/quote]
Those'll only get you into trouble, you know.... ;)

StevensM

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 08:45:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 07:47 PM\']It's a short piece of animation showing a guy dropping everything to get ready to watch Wheel. "Wheel of Fortune--loved by bachelors and their dressed-up cats."
[snapback]96596[/snapback]
[/quote]

Based on today's (Wednesday's) program, it looks like the opening animations will rotate or change.

$100kPyramidfan

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2005, 01:02:37 AM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Sep 14 2005, 07:12 PM\']The intro is just...So horrid, words cannot begins to explain my hatred for it. Now if this was an alternate intro to the Simpsons, or Finders Keepers or something, understandable. But mixing a cheesy-ass cartoon with the hi-techiness of Wheel of Fortune? What were they thinking??!!

Doug
[snapback]96795[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree, when I got a chance to see it the other night... the intro... I was like "oooooook.... what in the hell is this?!"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 01:03:10 AM by $100kPyramidfan »
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

catnap1972

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2005, 07:31:54 PM »
Are they intentionally doing something to the video in the last segment (bonus round)?  It looks like some kind of jerky MPEG effect.

EDIT: looks like WSBK has problems with their equipment as it's not limited to WoF.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:30:45 PM by catnap1972 »

bandit_bobby

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2005, 08:32:34 PM »
(Spoiler removed.  -DZ)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:21:39 PM by dzinkin »

BrandonFG

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2005, 08:45:49 PM »
I would blame that on the writing staff more than anything. The puzzles haven't made sense in years.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve McClellan

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2005, 08:59:41 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Sep 15 2005, 05:32 PM\']They're [CENSORED] for 4 this week,[/quote]
And, of course, spoilers are always appreciated on The Big Board....

Robert Hutchinson

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2005, 08:08:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Sep 14 2005, 06:12 PM\']And is it just me, or are they editing spins less, thankfully?[/quote]

Give it time--they only seem to edit spins when A) they're really running short on "normal" time by the time they get to the fourth round, or B) they try to squeeze in an extra speed-up round, but it lasts forever.

I mentioned it a while back, but they're even willing to edit out entire spin sequences that (they think) don't materially affect the game's progression. (All three players hitting a Lose a Turn in succession, for example.) But, of course, they don't pay close enough attention, and then uncalled letters start magically appearing on the board between spins.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

TimK2003

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2005, 09:43:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 07:21 PM\']I'd have something to say about the intro, but Lemon could say it better than I could.
[snapback]96585[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, this looks like a job for Ben Stein...

[Ben Stein]  I'm so excited,
                   And I just can't hide it,
                   I'm about to lose control,
                   And I think I like it...Wow. [/BS]

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2005, 09:48:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Sep 18 2005, 08:43 PM\'][Ben Stein]  I'm so excited,
                   And I just can't hide it,
                   I'm about to lose control,
                   And I think I like it...Wow. [/BS]
[snapback]97151[/snapback]
[/quote]
So *you* were the kid who was in the Power Wheels commercial.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

GoofusKAC

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2005, 11:01:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 09:57 AM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Sep 13 2005, 07:27 AM\']It would seem the ability of the contestants would be the main factor in determining how many puzzles can be done per show and that varies.
[snapback]96640[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm telling you---it's just a matter of time before they junk the wheel and it becomes Toss-Ups Of Fortune. The bonus wheel will stay but the other one will go to the landfill.
[snapback]96645[/snapback]
[/quote]

I used to live and breathe WOF and looked forward to every Labor Day for the new shows to start.

'93 or '94 was the beginning of the end for me, now with all the Toss-Ups to see who walks out first, who gets introduced first, who's allowed to breathe first, who gets to stare directly at Pat first, who gets to both touch the wheel AND spin it first - then once the show's half over and an actual ROUND starts (usually the Lean Pockets/Yahoo!/Kotex JACK-&^%$ING-POT round) the "we're running out of time" announcement gets made, then Pat takes the amount he lands on, adds $1000 to it, multiplies it by the square root of Vanna's hair color # for that particular taping day to determine what the consonants are worth.  Then inevitably the puzzle will be something obscure like "COMPUTERS ARE ELECTRONIC-TYPE DEVICES" and I just want to die.

Daytime dollar amounts notwithstanding, WOF had the best set, theme, and GAME from 89-91 when they first moved to CBS and the old falling-apart NBC set was replaced and rebuilt.  Today the puzzle board looks like the back wall at Best Buy, the wheel is such that you can rarely tell who's freaking turn it even is, and with that annoying video wall behind the contestants you might as well put 'em on couches and find out who's spouse is secretly in love with the family pet.

Now I've forgotten my point...oh well.

BrandonFG

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »
[quote name=\'GoofusKAC\' date=\'Sep 20 2005, 10:01 PM\']Now I've forgotten my point...oh well.
[snapback]97334[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's OK, I understood it. I think you summed up why I barely watch the show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2005, 06:32:31 PM »
[quote name=\'GoofusKAC\' date=\'Sep 20 2005, 10:01 PM\']...Now with all the Toss-Ups to see who walks out first, who gets introduced first, who's allowed to breathe first, who gets to stare directly at Pat first, who gets to both touch the wheel AND spin it first...
[snapback]97334[/snapback]
[/quote]

But somewhere in this great land of ours, there are either people who:
a) bet money on the outcome of such ponderous questions, or
b) either drink or CHUG on such outcomes depending on which WoF Drinking Game they are playing.

And what the Hell Is "Tiki Time"?  Even DirecTV's WOF episode descriptions are getting into the act.

Tony

Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »
Having seen a little of the new season and having read all of your responses to this thread, I am now more convinced than ever of my opinion that Wheel should be canceled to make room for a proper revival of The $100,000 Pyramid (preferably involving Sande Stewart, and preferably NOT involving Stephen Brown).
And I say this as someone (else) who used to live and breathe Wheel (when I was much younger and more stupid, of course;)).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel's New Season...
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2005, 04:56:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Sep 22 2005, 01:54 PM\']Having seen a little of the new season and having read all of your responses to this thread, I am now more convinced than ever of my opinion that Wheel should be canceled to make room for a proper revival of The $100,000 Pyramid (preferably involving Sande Stewart, and preferably NOT involving Stephen Brown).
[/quote]
Well, yeah, but I'd can just about anything to see Pyramid back and done right. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe