Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Color Beat the Clock and Password Notice  (Read 14303 times)

Jimmy Owen

Color Beat the Clock and Password Notice
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2005, 09:29:39 AM »
I guess even Gene was unsure as to why Jack left.  Here's hoping Jack someday writes his memoirs.  It would be facinating to read about his career.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 09:33:30 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

golden-road

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 09:26:04 AM »
The end credits read "A Mark Goodson/Bill Todman Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television". Can anybody remember if the Fox logo appeared at the end during the original run?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005, 10:31:41 AM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 01:51 AM\'][quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 10:51 PM\']I want to be sure the Bob Denver shows are going to be on early SATURDAY and not early Friday. [/quote]
It is early Saturday; some people consider the B/W overnight late Friday night.[/quote]
Which is why it's always good to ask.  Some people would consider something that happens in the AM to be happening in the early morning.  These people would be correct, BTW, but outnumbered.  Which is why it's always good to ask.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

cmjb13

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 10:59:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 10:31 AM\'][quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 01:51 AM\'][quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 10:51 PM\']I want to be sure the Bob Denver shows are going to be on early SATURDAY and not early Friday. [/quote]
It is early Saturday; some people consider the B/W overnight late Friday night.[/quote]
Which is why it's always good to ask.  Some people would consider something that happens in the AM to be happening in the early morning.  These people would be correct, BTW, but outnumbered.  Which is why it's always good to ask.
[snapback]96521[/snapback]
[/quote]
You could always do what I did.

Record both the Friday & Saturday AM block.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Tim L

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2005, 12:39:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 10:31 AM\'][quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 01:51 AM\'][quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 10:51 PM\']I want to be sure the Bob Denver shows are going to be on early SATURDAY and not early Friday. [/quote]
[snapback]96521[/snapback]
[/quote]

This question came up on the GSN boards the other day referring to the Bob Denver Tribute: My Time Warner Digital Cable DVR already had the schedule updated to reflect the shows on the Denver Tribute..so it helps (sometimes) to have a DVR!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2005, 01:18:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 12:39 PM\']This question came up on the GSN boards the other day referring to the Bob Denver Tribute: My Time Warner Digital Cable DVR already had the schedule updated to reflect the shows on the Denver Tribute..so it helps (sometimes) to have a DVR![/quote]
The beauty of DVR's:  Not only do you never need to know what time a show's on, but more and more, you don't even need to know what time it is NOW!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 11:39 AM\']My Time Warner Digital Cable DVR already had the schedule updated to reflect the shows on the Denver Tribute..so it helps (sometimes) to have a DVR!
[snapback]96529[/snapback]
[/quote]
Similar but different--my digital cable box also reflected in its GSN listings that Bob Denver was being paid tribute to, but didn't bother to change WML? over to PASSWORD.

Hadn't seen Narz BTC in a long time, but the memories of that superimposed clock (with the gap) all came back to me.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2005, 05:19:01 PM »
Yes, the 20th Century Fox TV logo appeared--but it was just a slide, it wasn't the film with the fanfare, and the audio was just applause over Dick Hyman at the Lowrey.

And it seems to me that the turnover from Narz to Wood was also brought on by the show switching syndicators from 20th to Len Firestone.  Since 20th was still selling the '71-72 season to some markets (including Chicago, where WGN aired them in '72-73 after not airing the show for a year), Firestone would seem to want some sort of differentiation.  Therefore, Wood becomes host, they tweak the format and make a set change.  There's your differentiation.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2005, 05:42:18 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 02:19 PM\']Dick Hyman
[/quote]
Best. Name. Ever.

(Nickname: "Buster")
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 05:46:12 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe