Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Color Beat the Clock and Password Notice  (Read 14339 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Color Beat the Clock and Password Notice
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 12:33:12 AM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 09:15 PM\']Chris, wasn't "Get Laid" the rejected title of the FOX version of Get Smart a few years ago?
[/quote]
I don't know, but that brings new meaning to "Missed it byyyyyyy THAT much!" :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

$100kPyramidfan

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 01:51:49 AM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 10:51 PM\']I want to be sure the Bob Denver shows are going to be on early SATURDAY and not early Friday.
[snapback]96198[/snapback]
[/quote]

It is early Saturday; some people consider the B/W overnight late Friday night.
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 02:01:19 AM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Sep 8 2005, 10:51 PM\']I want to be sure the Bob Denver shows are going to be on early SATURDAY and not early Friday.  At the GSN site they mention Friday and their grid makes no mention of Password after BTC either day.

<snip!>
[/quote]

Then just tape both nights :-P

I'll be sure to be watching to see the Narz version, and speaking as someone who remembers those Saturday mornings at 8:30 AM right after Child's Play (just after the dark period was over), I know how unfcomfortable I was with seeing Gene Wood hosting, he definately had his talents behind the cameras at his announcer's mic. But, you have to give him an E for effort.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 02:01:56 AM by NicholasM79 »

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 03:57:48 AM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Sep 9 2005, 12:51 AM\']It is early Saturday; some people consider the B/W overnight late Friday night.
[snapback]96219[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to GSN's schedule, it's still Friday night until 6 AM (and that's true of other networks like TBS, Nickelodeon, TV Land, etc.).

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 12:46:33 PM »
The set didn't change until Gene Wood took over as host--it'll just depend on what color curtains they pull out for this episode (they weren't always consistent on what backdrop curtains they used).

irismason42

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2005, 09:33:05 AM »
Also, until Gene Wood got out of the announcing position and positioned himself to hosting, the couple had to do a stunt before a celebrity of the week was introduced and also, the entire logo was changed when Gene took over the hosting duties.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 04:27:42 PM by irismason42 »

Don Howard

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005, 09:50:12 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 08:33 AM\']Also, until Gene Wood got out of the announcing postition and positioned himself to hosting, the couple had to do a stunt before a celebrity of the week was introduced and also, the entire logo was changed when Gene took over the hosting duties.
[snapback]96331[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't believe it!!! This post makes sense. And it provided useful information.
First, OU pulls that overtime magic against Pitt last night and now this.
It is truly the age of miracles.
Anyone know why Jack stepped down as host after three seasons?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2005, 10:01:53 AM »
I would guess the chance to work closer to home on "Concentration," there may have been some gap between gigs, but we were still getting Jack's BTC into 1973.  It was nice to see Gail.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:13:28 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 02:51:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 08:50 AM\']First, OU pulls that overtime magic against Pitt last night and now this.
[snapback]96332[/snapback]
[/quote]
Having suffered through Wanny's regime in Chicago, Ohio's win over Pitt was no miracle.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2005, 03:16:15 PM »
I couldn't read the copyright on the credits. What year was the BTC episode from?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005, 04:46:50 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 02:16 PM\']I couldn't read the copyright on the credits. What year was the BTC episode from?
[snapback]96349[/snapback]
[/quote]

MCMLXXI--1971.

Don Howard

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005, 10:48:02 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 01:51 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 08:50 AM\']First, OU pulls that overtime magic against Pitt last night and now this.
[snapback]96332[/snapback]
[/quote]
Having suffered through Wanny's regime in Chicago, Ohio's win over Pitt was no miracle.  :)
[snapback]96348[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, but in the not-so-distant past, The Little Sisters Of The Poor would've made mince meat out of the Bobcats. We take our blessings as they come in all their seldomness and are very grateful.
Ditto on the "nice to see Gail" remark earlier in this thread. Did she quit the biz after BTC went bye-bye?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:48:15 PM by Don Howard »

calliaume

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005, 11:39:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 09:01 AM\']I would guess the chance to work closer to home on "Concentration," there may have been some gap between gigs, but we were still getting Jack's BTC into 1973.  It was nice to see Gail.
[snapback]96334[/snapback]
[/quote]
Good theory, but when Narz stepped down from Beat the Clock in 1972, Concentration was still airing on NBC daytime.  I don't think Jack was that clairvoyant; he probably got sick of commuting from California to Montreal (which is about the same as NY to LA).  I mean, even if Doe Narz worked all the flights, that's still tiring.

Still, I've never really gotten a good answer for this one.  He obviously didn't have a falling out with G-T.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 08:28:42 AM »
The only other thing I can think of that might play a part in Jack's departure (and this is speculation but not enough to change game show history) was that perhaps the rules regarding Canadian personnel started to kick in and since Jack and Gene were Americans, that led to the hiring of Nick Holenreich?

Or it could be that G-T liked Gene's hosting style on the BTC clone "Anything You Can Do" and wanted to get him away from that, forcing Don Reid to replace Gene with Don Harron.

Either way, that question probably didn't come up at the recent Game Show Congrefs.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 08:30:12 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

calliaume

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 09:02:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 07:28 AM\']The only other thing I can think of that might play a part in Jack's departure (and this is speculation but not enough to change game show history) was that perhaps the rules regarding Canadian personnel started to kick in and since Jack and Gene were Americans, that led to the hiring of Nick Holenreich?

Or it could be that G-T liked Gene's hosting style on the BTC clone "Anything You Can Do" and wanted to get him away from that, forcing Don Reid to replace Gene with Don Harron.

Either way, that question probably didn't come up at the recent Game Show Congrefs.
[snapback]96423[/snapback]
[/quote]
Per this interview with Gene, issues with Canadian authorities led to the show stopping production in 1974 (although how many stations were running it at that point, anyway?), and he left Anything You Can Do because it appears they didn't test the stunts very well.