Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rest of J! summer rerun schedule  (Read 6386 times)

SteveRep

Rest of J! summer rerun schedule
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 03:42:03 PM »
ARRRGH! I hate WJLA! They did it again! Only they can figure out a way to mess up a two-year-old J! repeat. But they did. They pre-empt FJ! of last night's $75K repeat to give a weather update on the remnants of Katrina passing through south-central Virginia.

The 3 minutes between DJ and FJ should have been enough but no ..... they take the full 7 minutes up until the top of the hour.

Then again, this is the station that pre-empts prime-time ABC programming to show fund-raising infomercials for St. Jude's Hospital in MEMPHIS. (No slight on St. Jude's ... more a reflection of how highly WJLA considers the network schedule)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 03:49:04 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 02:42 PM\']ARRRGH! I hate WJLA! They did it again! [/quote]
Cry me a damn river.  This hurricane (and its ensuing coverage), which will more than likely turn out to be the worst storm that hit the USA is much more important then a game show repeat.

Give me a damn break already.  If seeing Ken again is so important to you, buy the damn DVD.  Then you don't have to worry about WJLA interrupting your life with hurricane coverage.

[quote name=\'clemon79\'](And, on a tangent, we have some schmucks around here who complain when our precious game shows are interrupted for news cut-ins of various sorts. [/quote]

Oh, how timely this post was !
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 03:53:51 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 02:42 PM\']ARRRGH! I hate WJLA!
[snapback]95548[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wow.™

Wow is a registered trademark of FredSmythe Inc. and its subsidiary companies.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 03:57:56 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 12:50 PM\']Wow.™
[/quote]
At first I thought it was a joke, because at this point, I figured anyone daft enough to say something like that MUST be joking. Guess not.
Wow is a registered trademark of FredSmythe Inc. and its subsidiary companies.
And for those interested <cue crickets!>, FredSmythe.com is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hiway Industries, Ltd.. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SteveRep

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 07:47:29 PM »
I think I'm being advised to be sorry for even bringing it up. Sorry, can't do it.

Yes, the storm did billions of damage and the casualties are probably going into the thousands. But the DC station wasn't the one to be doing this. The people being affected were in the Richmond and/or Roanoke markets. Leave the local coverage to the local stations which, in this case, WJLA was not.

I had seen the episode before, so I wasn't upset at missing the ending.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 08:14:52 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 06:47 PM\']I think I'm being advised to be sorry for even bringing it up. Sorry, can't do it.
[/quote]
Be prepared to be called a moron then, and don't expect anybody else to respond to your messages.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 09:19:24 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 06:47 PM\']I think I'm being advised to be sorry for even bringing it up. Sorry, can't do it.

Yes, the storm did billions of damage and the casualties are probably going into the thousands. But the DC station wasn't the one to be doing this. The people being affected were in the Richmond and/or Roanoke markets. Leave the local coverage to the local stations which, in this case, WJLA was not.
[snapback]95573[/snapback]
[/quote]

And if people in DC metro had family in those areas, they'd probably want to know what was happening.  When weather like that is close enough to your area, that's newsworthy enough for breaking in.  And all it takes is one wrong turn for the storm to hit your area.  So I think WJLA was perfectly justified in breaking in and staying with the coverage.  And if Connecti-Matt wants to verify or refute my post, I humbly defer to him.

[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 06:47 PM\']I had seen the episode before, so I wasn't upset at missing the ending.
[/quote]

Coulda fooled me.

[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 02:42 PM\']ARRRGH! I hate WJLA! They did it again! Only they can figure out a way to mess up a two-year-old J! repeat.
[/quote]

Riiiight. You weren't upset at all.  Hence that post.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

SteveRep

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 10:17:44 PM »
Now I am sorry I brought it up.

I let my legitimate hatred for WJLA (for reasons other than news) cloud what was a clear newsworthy reason to break in. It also doesn't help that their weathercaster has the well-earned nickname of "Dr. Doom" in these parts.

Just wait until it starts snowing ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 10:18:20 PM by SteveRep »

zachhoran

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 10:29:57 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 09:17 PM\']Now I am sorry I brought it up.

I let my legitimate hatred for WJLA (for reasons other than news) cloud what was a clear newsworthy reason to break in. It also doesn't help that their weathercaster has the well-earned nickname of "Dr. Doom" in these parts.

Just wait until it starts snowing ;)
[snapback]95585[/snapback]
[/quote]

People in this Jersey Shore town I live in complain over an inch or less of snow falling. I sincerely hope they stop complaining about something so minor in the wake of both the tsunami in Asia last year(snow flurries occurred in this town the day that it, and they were complaining about it at the local supermarket) and now this hurricane.

tvwxman

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 11:11:26 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 08:19 PM\']
And if people in DC metro had family in those areas, they'd probably want to know what was happening.  When weather like that is close enough to your area, that's newsworthy enough for breaking in.  And all it takes is one wrong turn for the storm to hit your area.  So I think WJLA was perfectly justified in breaking in and staying with the coverage.  And if Connecti-Matt wants to verify or refute my post, I humbly defer to him.
[snapback]95580[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you. Everything that has been said refuting this case is correct.

And you should be damn lucky to have Doug Hill in your market. In fact, all 4 of the chiefs in DC are top notch. Bob Ryan, Topper, and Sue keep each other on their toes. The fact that I personally learned my craft 11 years ago from Topper and Sue make me real appreciative.

So just quit while you're behind.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

SteveRep

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 11:37:04 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 11:11 PM\']So just quit while you're behind.
[snapback]95592[/snapback]
[/quote]
Good point. That was, by far, the worst post I've made here.

I can't help but wonder whether station suits push for the more "extreme" forecasts in order to boost news ratings. (Even before Doug, WJLA has been that way -- predict 12-14 inches when everyone else says 6-8 and the like).

BTW, I interned at Ch. 9 and got to see Gordon Barnes in action.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 11:39:15 PM by SteveRep »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005, 11:58:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 05:14 PM\']Be prepared to be called a moron then, and don't expect anybody else to respond to your messages.[/quote]When did this suddenly become "Mark Odor's Game Show Message Board with 1,000 Lackeys"?  It's not your job to tell us what's relevant, what's important, who makes sense and who is an idiot.  Those jobs don't even belong to the moderators.  You need to remember your place here; as a member: nothing more, nothing less.  The world is not here to fulfill your every wish and desire.  You have to share with everyone here.  Get used to it.

For what it's worth, the episode last night was amazing on many levels.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 12:04:26 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 02:14:25 AM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 10:37 PM\']I interned at Ch. 9 and got to see Gordon Barnes in action.
[snapback]95595[/snapback]
[/quote]
I loved him on Morning with Charles Kuralt. Oh, to dine with him, Blake Emmons and Pat O'Brien sometime.