Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo Celebrity Episodes  (Read 5064 times)

itiparanoid13

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« on: August 30, 2005, 08:32:35 PM »
I was digging through the GSN Corporate Press area today and found some pictures of "Celebrity" Lingo episodes.  You might want to go here at my site for a good laugh at some of these.  There is one "celebrity" show featuring such people as George Wendt and Rachel Hunter.  Then, we see GSN promoting four of their shows with GSN edition Lingo.  One episode will be of Extreme Dodgeball, finding even the mascot participating.  Next, two poker players and the hosts will battle on Poker Royale Lingo.  Sal and Ewa will try to beat two $20,000 winners on BallBreakers Lingo.  And, please grip on to something, they are actually doing a Kenny VS Spenny edition.  I have a picture at Buzzer for the people who, like me, had to double take that.

Edit: Whoops, forgot a Z.  Sorry
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:59:45 PM by itiparanoid13 »

catkins522

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:52:49 PM »
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

The Pyramids

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:57:50 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Aug 30 2005, 07:32 PM\']they are actually doing a Kenny VS Spenny edition.  I have a picture at Buzzer for the people who, like me, had to double take that.
[snapback]95483[/snapback]
[/quote]

You've got to be kidding.

The other theme shows sound fine though.

TonicBH

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 02:02:38 AM »
While I don't mind some of the specials (although I would've gone for Rip Torn instead of "Dodgy the Dodgeball" mascot for the Extreme Dodgeball episode), I think the Kenny vs Spenny one will be godawful. I will not be surprised if their "antics" on their show spills onto Lingo. It just doesn't sound promising.

At least the one back in season two had some pretty funny moments.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

itiparanoid13

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:24:17 PM »
OK, like I said I would, I put the final 3 images of the different games in, with Extreme Dodgeball Lingo, Poker Royale, and Q-List Celebrity Lingo up on my website.  As an added bonus (probably not a bonus for you guys as you may have seen it by now), I've put an image of the Jeopardy! DVD cover on it also.  Enjoy!

davemackey

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:36:51 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 09:24 PM\']OK, like I said I would, I put the final 3 images of the different games in, with Extreme Dodgeball Lingo, Poker Royale, and Q-List Celebrity Lingo up on my website.  As an added bonus (probably not a bonus for you guys as you may have seen it by now), I've put an image of the Jeopardy! DVD cover on it also.  Enjoy!
[snapback]95581[/snapback]
[/quote]
I saw the pic and descriptions of the Poker Royale episode of Lingo, and it needs to be clarified that Kenna James (always wearing that cowboy hat!) is actually a host of Poker Royale. Kathy Liebert, of course, has played on many different incarnations of the show, including the original version which was hosted by Kevin Nealon.

Laurie Wagner was one of my Ballbreakers favorites - it will be great to see her again.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:15:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 01:02 AM\'] I think the Kenny vs Spenny one will be godawful. I will not be surprised if their "antics" on their show spills onto Lingo. It just doesn't sound promising.
[snapback]95502[/snapback]
[/quote]

Blame Canada.

(Time to rethink that "world's longest unguarded border" thing :) )
@lambertman

itiparanoid13

Lingo Celebrity Episodes
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 11:00:32 PM »
OK, GSN just sent me the press release and I posted it on my site.  It will air from September 26th through the 30th at 7:00PM ET/PT.  They will have the regular "celebrity" episode first, then Extreme Dodgeball, Poker Royale, BallBreakers, and finally Kenny VS Spenny.  Payout will stay at $10,000 max.