Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: what is your favorite set for family feud  (Read 14715 times)

Computer

what is your favorite set for family feud
« on: August 28, 2005, 04:10:05 AM »
my favorite set for family feud was 1988-1993 set  I really like the color
plus sure like the big board it had room for 12 answer on big blue board

Argo

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 12:01:05 PM »
Would have to be 88-92, before they added the bullseye round and the LED read outs on the family podiums.

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 12:45:48 PM »
I know it's not popular, but I kind of liked the 1994-95 set.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chief-O

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 01:51:39 PM »
Combs set.
.....and it goes like this!!!

The Pyramids

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 02:43:34 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 11:45 AM\']I know it's not popular, but I kind of liked the 1994-95 set.
[snapback]95289[/snapback]
[/quote]

That &  Combs are mine. Still I think that the 'best' Family Feud set has yet to be made.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 02:43:48 PM by PaulD »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 02:55:41 PM »
What does this set that has yet to be made look like? Do you hasve any ideas?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

The Pyramids

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 05:57:23 PM »
It would look like the Pearson 'TTTT' set (which I belive was desinged by the same person who brings us todays set). Same configuration as before however which should never be changed.

The link here can maybe give you in idea of what I'm thinking off (thanks Chirs Lambert)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/gameshowpage/TRUTH/Truth00.html
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 05:58:59 PM by PaulD »

HairMetalLives

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 07:07:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 08:01 AM\']Would have to be 88-92, before they added the bullseye round and the LED read outs on the family podiums.
[snapback]95286[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll second that.

musicman

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 08:15:02 PM »
Hmm... i'll have to say the 1988-1992 set.

The '94-'95 set was lifeless, but visually appealing.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »
See, I rank the Combs set behind the original Dawson, and here's why:

The whole theme on which the set is designed is the needlepoint sampler, you know, the Home Sweet Home thing that people have hanging up in their foyers. And I've NEVER seen one of those on a blue background, the whole thing is usually done in natural (and neutral) colors, like what you see on the Dawson set. The Combs set is bright and cheery, yes, but the blue detracts from that sampler theme, and the gameboard borders on the garish, especially with those annoying faux-light dots on the unused slats on the board.

So, Dawson man here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 10:58:46 PM »
Another Dawson man, for totally the same reasons. I hated the fake lights on the answer board, too. The Family Feud emblem in the shag carpeting didn't help.

Not that I'm wild about the original, either, but it fit the theme. If they were going to freshen it, they needed to go a lot further.

Particleman

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »
I've always favored the Dawson set.  And that's coming from someone who watched the Combs' era of Feud as a kid and ten years later saw the Dawson version.

musicman

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 07:28:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 29 2005, 09:58 PM\']Another Dawson man, for totally the same reasons. I hated the fake lights on the answer board, too. The Family Feud emblem in the shag carpeting didn't help.

Not that I'm wild about the original, either, but it fit the theme. If they were going to freshen it, they needed to go a lot further.
[snapback]95417[/snapback]
[/quote]

Those "faux lights" made the trilon blend in with the rest of the gameboard.  The FEUD emblem (to me) served three purposes: #1. to fill a void between the two opposing families, #2. to serve as a marker for the host and contestant, and #3. to serve as a centerpiece for the (or any) FEUD set.

gsnman

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 07:51:05 PM »
I always liked the 1976-85 set.  I thought the 1994-95 set looked cool too, almost like the set of Super Password.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 08:00:16 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Aug 30 2005, 04:28 PM\']Those "faux lights" made the trilon blend in with the rest of the gameboard. 
[/quote]
No, they didn't. They wanted to, but they ended up looking like stupid cheap polka dots.
The FEUD emblem (to me) served three purposes: #1. to fill a void between the two opposing families, #2. to serve as a marker for the host and contestant, and #3. to serve as a centerpiece for the (or any) FEUD set.
Except, did they use it as a marker during Fast Money? It was placed too low on the set for that, as I recall.

I don't have a problem with the carpet or the logo thereon, really. If there is an appropriate place for brightness on that set, that's the place. But screwing with the motif overall with that ridiculous blue was unforgivable.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe