Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show changes in Cincinnati  (Read 3774 times)

brianhenke

Game Show changes in Cincinnati
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:38:50 AM »
Zap2it has announced changes in the Cincinnati game show lineups, starting Sept. 12.

WKRC

9 am WWTBAM
  9:30 am Family Feud
  10 am Martha
  11 am TPIR

The double runs of WWTBAM and FF have been dropped. WKRC had carried Martha Stewart's old syndicated show.

Wheel and J! - no change again, they will still be on WCPO at 7 and 7:30 respectively.

Brian

The Jehovah's Witnesses distribute Mad magazine?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:45:15 AM »
Because Cincinatti is so special, it merits its own thread.
Disclaimer: Apologies to any other resident of Cincinatti that I may have offended.  Offense was not directed, nor implied to you.  All players have been advised of the rules prior to taping.  Ineligible contestants will forfeit their prizes.  Rice-A-Roni is the San Fransisco Treat, and will come to you on a pallet via UPS.  This is Don Morrow speaking.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 03:46:59 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DrBear

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:59:30 AM »
One t. Cincinnati.
Hey, you complain about his posts, I complain about your posts, someone will complain about mine.
(elton john voice) It's the CIRRRRR-CLE of LIIIIFE!
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:22:05 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 06:59 AM\']One t. Cincinnati.
Hey, you complain about his posts, I complain about your posts, someone will complain about mine.
(elton john voice) It's the CIRRRRR-CLE of LIIIIFE!
[snapback]95517[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay, I'll bite.  Where's the game-show connection in a post quoting an Elton John song?

(And, by the way, you sound nothing like Elton.)
czambo@mac.com

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 08:49:31 AM »
..it's the Circle of Life....it's the Wheel of Fortune...
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 11:39:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 07:49 AM\']..it's the Circle of Life....it's the Wheel of Fortune...
[snapback]95520[/snapback]
[/quote]
[MUTE] You sound nothing like Elton either.

Existential question of the day: If Kay Starr had never recorded a song called "Wheel of Fortune", would Pat Sajak's show still be called Shopper's Bazaar today?

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 11:58:03 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 10:39 AM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 07:49 AM\']..it's the Circle of Life....it's the Wheel of Fortune...
[snapback]95520[/snapback]
[/quote]
[MUTE] You sound nothing like Elton either.

Existential question of the day: If Kay Starr had never recorded a song called "Wheel of Fortune", would Pat Sajak's show still be called Shopper's Bazaar today?
[snapback]95529[/snapback]
[/quote]

Major Bowes and Ted Mack on "The Original Amateur Hour":  "...the weekly spinning of the Wheel of Fortune--round and round and round she goes, and where she stops, no one knows."

ObSortaGameShow:  If Major Bowes hadn't had a gong to stop acts (an audio equivalent of a hook to pull people offstage or the guy in the funny costume at the Apollo), Chris Bearde and Chuck Barris wouldn't have had a hook for their show.  (Ted Mack kept the gong on his desk next to the Geritol bottle, but never used it when he hosted the show--although a CBS promo sllide showing him hitting it).