Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Basic Lingo question  (Read 5128 times)

SteveRep

Basic Lingo question
« on: August 25, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »
I asked this once before and darn if I don't remember the answer.

When a team makes a Lingo, do they stop tape and "reset" what balls are in the bowl?

More than once this season, I've seen a team draw a number to compete a Lingo and then that same number is uncovered when the new Lingo board is revealed.

joshg

Basic Lingo question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 07:40:29 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 02:54 PM\']I asked this once before and darn if I don't remember the answer.

When a team makes a Lingo, do they stop tape and "reset" what balls are in the bowl?

More than once this season, I've seen a team draw a number to compete a Lingo and then that same number is uncovered when the new Lingo board is revealed.
[snapback]95105[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, they stop tape and reload the bowl with a tupperware container full of new balls. These tupperware containers are standing by offstage ready to be added by a staffer or stagehand. (Don't know which, I had to turn my back when they did it.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 07:42:04 PM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

SteveRep

Basic Lingo question
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 09:50:05 AM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 07:40 PM\'][quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 02:54 PM\']When a team makes a Lingo, do they stop tape and "reset" what balls are in the bowl?
[/quote]

Yes, they stop tape and reload the bowl with a tupperware container full of new balls.
[snapback]95117[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks. I guess the only balls that don't get reloaded are the stoppers. Once you pull one, it's gone for good, right.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Basic Lingo question
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 10:12:38 AM »
No. The stopper count is fresh with each new board, but the question mark balls in round 2 are not returned when picked.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Neumms

Basic Lingo question
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 04:22:24 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 06:40 PM\']Yes, they stop tape and reload the bowl with a tupperware container full of new balls. These tupperware containers are standing by offstage ready to be added by a staffer or stagehand. (Don't know which, I had to turn my back when they did it.)
[snapback]95117[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, that would be something the eye candy could do on camera that doesn't seem stilted and goofy, instead of sitting at the desk pretending to run the computer.

They could even have a second girl! One to unload the hopper from the last board, the other to reload.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Basic Lingo question
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 04:47:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 01:22 PM\']You know, that would be something the eye candy could do on camera that doesn't seem stilted and goofy, instead of sitting at the desk pretending to run the computer.
[/quote]
I'm with that, so long as they redesign the podiums so the bowls are REALLY CLOSE to the ground. :)

"Why don't we have Shandi give you a new set of balls. There you go, Shandi. Bend over, there. Mmmm. :)"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

Basic Lingo question
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 04:48:02 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 05:54 PM\']When a team makes a Lingo, do they stop tape and "reset" what balls are in the bowl?
[/quote]

You know , I often have to stop tape when my balls need reloadin' too.

(Sorry, it's Friday.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Basic Lingo question
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 06:32:44 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 03:48 PM\']You know , I often have to stop tape when my balls need reloadin' too.
[/quote]
'Ya know, I really, really didn't need to know that before eating breakfast.  But I guess it goes along with a job that uses a nice long stick, huh?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 06:32:54 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SteveRep

Basic Lingo question
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 11:38:51 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 04:47 PM\'][quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 01:22 PM\']You know, that would be something the eye candy could do on camera that doesn't seem stilted and goofy, instead of sitting at the desk pretending to run the computer.
[/quote]
I'm with that, so long as they redesign the podiums so the bowls are REALLY CLOSE to the ground. :)

"Why don't we have Shandi give you a new set of balls. There you go, Shandi. Bend over, there. Mmmm. :)"
[snapback]95154[/snapback]
[/quote]I see the need for BowlCam.

One last thing, I would assume they edit out a second-round pull of a number that was previously covered by a ?-ball pull.

Blaq

Basic Lingo question
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Aug 26 2005, 09:12 AM\']The stopper count is fresh with each new board
[snapback]95140[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's dubious. In the French-Canadian version, black balls ("Les infâmes... boules... noires!") were not replenished, ensuring a limit to the amount of bad luck a team could encounter. A smart way to mitigate the influence of luck on gameplay.