Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone know what happened to katymae.com?  (Read 17358 times)

Phil V

Anyone know what happened to katymae.com?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 02:37:03 AM »
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I can't use the PM feature for some odd reason.  But I digress...

If there's anyone out there that still has a copy of Todd's Family Feud and would be willing to send me a copy, I'd really appreciate it.  I think it'd be a great idea to use for resident hall programming among RA staff at my college, and I've been trying to find the software for a few years now.
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

HYHYBT

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »
There's a PM feature now?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 03:50:51 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'225372\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 03:49 PM\']There's a PM feature now?[/quote]
Well, no.  That was his problem, don't you see?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

HYHYBT

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
Sorry. Is this it?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
That's a link that wants to send some weird improperly named file. I do not recommend people download unexplained weird improperly named files.

(I'm replying to him offline.)

(EDIT: Or I would, but his email is set to private. Cue Mr. Wonka.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:07:46 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

HYHYBT

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 04:11:48 AM »
I wouldn't recommend that either, though I'm not sure what's weird about a short text file saved to html. At least, that's what it should have been. Try again?

http://homepage.mac.com/feudfan/au/91108secondtry.htm

I've tested this one, though I'd tested the other as well and it worked from here for the nothing that's worth. Maybe typing this one up in Word will make a difference.

And now I'll go fix the email setting. 2003, it might not even have the right address!

edit: actually, my address was already up to date and was not set to private. At least, "hide my email address from other members" was unchecked. Something strange is going on. Anyway, it's my name here, at mac.com.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:19:03 AM by HYHYBT »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 01:07:03 PM »
Still a semi-weird filename, but at least the link has a .zip extension this time.

(I see what you're trying to do. But really, "91108ff40.zip" is gonna make my eyebrow raise, where "FamilyFeud40.zip" is not. Yes, I realize that's completely specious security. Just saying.)

(And I will vouch for the contents of said .zip file, although I can't say I'm impressed with how your Mac completely farks with the file structure.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:10:41 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »
I'll do you one better. I zipped the presentation software for Dawson Family Feud, Combs Family Feud and the unfinished The $100,000 Pyramid. They include files from previous games I've done but they can be easily overwritten. Go crazy.

http://chadmosher.com/presentationsoft.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:39:48 PM by chad1m »

HYHYBT

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
I'll do you one better. I zipped the presentation software for Dawson Family Feud, Combs Family Feud and the unfinished The $100,000 Pyramid.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225441\' date=\'Sep 9 2009, 01:07 PM\']Still a semi-weird filename, but at least the link has a .zip extension this time.

(I see what you're trying to do. But really, "91108ff40.zip" is gonna make my eyebrow raise, where "FamilyFeud40.zip" is not. Yes, I realize that's completely specious security. Just saying.)

(And I will vouch for the contents of said .zip file, although I can't say I'm impressed with how your Mac completely farks with the file structure.)[/quote]

I'm not either, and am glad for chad1m's post so now I don't have to try and fix it. "ff40" was the name from the original katymae.com download, if I remember rightly, with the date in front to remind me when to take it down. Everything else in that folder has one. Since they're usually for family, and also since I've been around here forever, I didn't think about the file looking suspicious.