Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone know what happened to katymae.com?  (Read 17343 times)

Kevin Prather

Anyone know what happened to katymae.com?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 11:10:47 PM »
What can I say that hasn't been said already? Todd, you are an amazingly talented man. The amount of effort you put into each and every work is astounding. Your products have consistently been top-notch work, and for that, I commend you.

I hope that whatever is happening right now turns out well, and I wish you nothing but the best for the future.

dazztardly

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 11:57:14 PM »
Todd,
   Both Chris and myself are sorry to hear that you decided to discontinue your game show software. I was really blown away by your effort that you put into those games both graphically and programming wise. And it was very cool to see that "team effort" by other contributors as well.

Good luck with your future endeavors and thanks.
-Dan

Particleman

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 11:25:54 AM »
Thanks for the comments, guys.  They're greatly appreciated.

Card Shark

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2005, 08:58:37 AM »
I know the ops will probably kill me for this, but I'm doing it anyway. I used to have this software and used it in my classroom. My students loved playing Family Feud to review. I had it on disks that seem to have been lost during my recent move out of state. If anyone is willing to "help me" get this software, I'd appreciate it. My apologies ahead of time, as I'm sure our friendly mods will put me in the isolation booth for a couple of weeks for this.
Adam Strom

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2005, 01:29:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 05:58 AM\']If anyone is willing to "help me" get this software, I'd appreciate it. My apologies ahead of time, as I'm sure our friendly mods will put me in the isolation booth for a couple of weeks for this.
[/quote]
Well, I'm not so sure. It wasn't commercial, it was completely free, and it's not like people are required to burn the copies of the software that have been distributed, he simply isn't making new copies available. Seems to me that asking someone to set you up with it is a completely reasonable request.

Contact me via email with an address that can receive a 9 meg zip file, and I'll get you squared away.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 01:30:56 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 02:08:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 01:29 PM\'][quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 05:58 AM\']If anyone is willing to "help me" get this software, I'd appreciate it. My apologies ahead of time, as I'm sure our friendly mods will put me in the isolation booth for a couple of weeks for this.
[/quote]
Well, I'm not so sure. It wasn't commercial, it was completely free, and it's not like people are required to burn the copies of the software that have been distributed, he simply isn't making new copies available. Seems to me that asking someone to set you up with it is a completely reasonable request.
[snapback]95790[/snapback]
[/quote]
It doesn't strike me as a violation of the rules either, and as far as I know, no one has asked us to stop people from requesting or distributing the software (as they did, annoyingly, with Casey Buck's themes).  We'd prefer not to see a thread filled with a bazillion "Can you send it to me too?" posts but a single request hardly qualifies.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:09:28 PM by dzinkin »

Card Shark

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2005, 03:31:21 PM »
We'd prefer not to see a thread filled with a bazillion "Can you send it to me too?" posts but a single request hardly qualifies.
[snapback]95791[/snapback]
[/quote]

I see your point and agree, but this is the first time I've ever done this and wouldn't do so under normal circumstances.
Adam Strom

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 12:31 PM\']I see your point and agree, but this is the first time I've ever done this and wouldn't do so under normal circumstances.
[/quote]
I don't think anyone's criticizing you, and one time and for educational purposes, I'm certainly happy to do it. I think Dave's trying to stave off the flood of "me too!" chuckleheads that have the potential to pop up after this.

Hopefully, they've seen how I handle things like that, and thought better of it. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Card Shark

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 06:21:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 04:47 PM\'][quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 12:31 PM\']I see your point and agree, but this is the first time I've ever done this and wouldn't do so under normal circumstances.
[/quote]
I don't think anyone's criticizing you, and one time and for educational purposes, I'm certainly happy to do it. I think Dave's trying to stave off the flood of "me too!" chuckleheads that have the potential to pop up after this.

Hopefully, they've seen how I handle things like that, and thought better of it. ;)
[snapback]95799[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, I understand. Believe me. My point was that I felt bad doing a post like that and wouldn't normally do something like that. I sort of took a risk in asking like that, but it was out of desperation :)
Adam Strom

Robbie

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 02:42:03 PM »
Hey, Todd! So sorry to hear about what happened! Hopefully, as a previous member pointed out, I hope that something positive has happened to you in your life and the pull of the games was just a consequence, instad of some sort of negative action taking place.

Anyway, I truly hope everything works out for the best and thank you VERY much for all your infinite hours of contribution to the game show community. You should feel very proud of the enjoyment that you've brought to our game collections!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005, 05:28:54 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 01:08 PM\']It doesn't strike me as a violation of the rules either, and as far as I know, no one has asked us to stop people from requesting or distributing the software (as they did, annoyingly, with Casey Buck's themes). [/quote]
Criminy.
Can you give more details, at all?
Hopefully its not the same people that allow bootlegged video tapes to be sold on Ebay with out saying "boo" once.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dzinkin

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005, 05:50:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 05:28 PM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 4 2005, 01:08 PM\']It doesn't strike me as a violation of the rules either, and as far as I know, no one has asked us to stop people from requesting or distributing the software (as they did, annoyingly, with Casey Buck's themes). [/quote]
Criminy.
Can you give more details, at all?
Hopefully its not the same people that allow bootlegged video tapes to be sold on Ebay with out saying "boo" once.
[snapback]96362[/snapback]
[/quote]
I thought I commented on this at the time, but in case I didn't... I received a number of IMs and emails from theme hoarders who were complaining that Casey was making themes available on his web site.  They were whining and bitching that their themes no longer had "value" for trading purposes since they were no longer "rare" in the trade circuit -- and wanted me to suspend or ban Casey for making their themes lose this alleged trade value.

When that line of attack failed to persuade me, they had the nerve to demand that Casey be banned for breaking copyright law.  These complaints effectively amounted to "please punish him for violating copyright law because only I should be allowed to do that."  Gross hypocrisy didn't sway me either.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 05:51:06 PM by dzinkin »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005, 08:47:02 PM »
They were whining and bitching that their themes no longer had "value" for trading purposes since they were no longer "rare" in the trade circuit -- and wanted me to suspend or ban Casey for making their themes lose this alleged trade value.

McLean Stevenson: Hey, Frank. Do me a favor and stuff it.

"please punish him for violating copyright law because only I should be allowed to do that."
[snapback]96366[/snapback]

McLean: Yeah, stuff that too.

Man, those nitwits bug me. What kind of a life do these guys have?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 08:49:12 PM by whoserman »

BrandonFG

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 12:26:26 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 04:50 PM\']When that line of attack failed to persuade me, they had the nerve to demand that Casey be banned for breaking copyright law.  These complaints effectively amounted to "please punish him for violating copyright law because only I should be allowed to do that."  Gross hypocrisy didn't sway me either.
[/quote]

Does this particular person happen to have his own game show page as a result? :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dzinkin

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 01:58:57 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 11 2005, 12:26 AM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Sep 10 2005, 04:50 PM\']When that line of attack failed to persuade me, they had the nerve to demand that Casey be banned for breaking copyright law.  These complaints effectively amounted to "please punish him for violating copyright law because only I should be allowed to do that."  Gross hypocrisy didn't sway me either.
[/quote]
Does this particular person happen to have his own game show page as a result? :-P
[snapback]96403[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, said in-DUH-vidual was one of those to whom I was referring.