Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PW+ observation  (Read 2568 times)

whewfan

PW+ observation
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:32:43 PM »
This week they paired up Mc.Lean Stevenson with Joyce Bulifont... which brings up this observation...

Mc.Lane has proven himself to be a subpar Password player (more with guessing puzzles than passwords).  Do you think the producers were trying to find SOMEONE that he might actually stand a chance at beating and going to Alphabetics? (I don't believe Mc.Lean has yet made it to Alphabetics)

So, who better to get than Joyce Bulifont? I mean, she was only on the show once before, while Allen was still hosting. Guess what? Joyce has won every match to date! Despite this, IMO Joyce is no better a Password player than Mc.Lane.

zachhoran

PW+ observation
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:52:40 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Aug 22 2005, 08:32 PM\']This week they paired up Mc.Lean Stevenson with Joyce Bulifont... which brings up this observation...
Do you think the producers were trying to find SOMEONE that he might actually stand a chance at beating and going to Alphabetics? (I don't believe Mc.Lean has yet made it to Alphabetics)

[snapback]94838[/snapback]
[/quote]

McLean did end up at Alphabetics on today's episode, and wound up winning the $5K for his contestant partner. Had he made it to Alphabetics on his prior P+ appearances? He was against Susan Richardson, Audrey Landers, and Barbara Rhoades(twice) in his other appearances in 1981. His other P+ appearance was in 1980 in an all star week with Vicki Lawrence, Carol Burnett, and Hello Larry costar Joanna GLeason.

ChuckNet

PW+ observation
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 06:57:49 PM »
So, who better to get than Joyce Bulifont? I mean, she was only on the show once before, while Allen was still hosting.

Actually, Joyce had also appeared a coupla mos prior to this wk, in mid-summer 81...however, this was among the 3 mos or so that GSN skipped over.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

mystery7

PW+ observation
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 07:17:14 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Aug 22 2005, 08:32 PM\'] Guess what? Joyce has won every match to date! Despite this, IMO Joyce is no better a Password player than Mc.Lane.
[snapback]94838[/snapback]
[/quote]
But if you factor in her dyslexia, Joyce comes out well ahead of McLean.

$100kPyramidfan

PW+ observation
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 12:40:38 PM »
Well, I guess McLean isn't TOO bad after all. I was shocked.

Chuck, by chance do you or anyone else remember how Joyce did on the week that GSN skipped over with her on it?
"Does anybody in the audience want an empty armadillo?" - Garry Moore

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
PW+ observation
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
[quote name=\'$100kPyramidfan\' date=\'Aug 25 2005, 11:40 AM\']Chuck, by chance do you or anyone else remember how Joyce did on the week that GSN skipped over with her on it?
[snapback]95070[/snapback]
[/quote]
Joyce also appeared on a spring 1979 week with Greg Morris.  She did OK, but Greg Morris was a hell of a player (I think he won more often than she did, but again, he was a hell of a player).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

PW+ observation
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 06:52:51 PM »
Chuck, by chance do you or anyone else remember how Joyce did on the week that GSN skipped over with her on it?

Since I was only 2 when it aired, no. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")