Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game shows with live music  (Read 6285 times)

davemackey

Game shows with live music
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 09:27:08 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 6 2005, 03:53 PM\']You can also add "Dancing with the Stars" to the list--there's a shot of the conductor at the top of the show and the band and singers were live in the original British version.  Since the first show's long roll didn't run, we don't know if Laurie Holloway's leading the band, as he does on "Strictly Come Dancing."  (With all of the other Brits involved in the production, it could be...)
[snapback]88028[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, the musical director for "Dancing With The Stars" is the immensely talented Harold Wheeler. He really kicked ass on some of those arrangements. He had a terrific bunch of Local 47 guys filling that band.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 09:28:49 AM »
New answer.  "Rock Star: INXS," with host Dave Navarro.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:30:23 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Aug 31 2005, 08:27 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 6 2005, 03:53 PM\']You can also add "Dancing with the Stars" to the list--there's a shot of the conductor at the top of the show and the band and singers were live in the original British version.  Since the first show's long roll didn't run, we don't know if Laurie Holloway's leading the band, as he does on "Strictly Come Dancing."  (With all of the other Brits involved in the production, it could be...)
[snapback]88028[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, the musical director for "Dancing With The Stars" is the immensely talented Harold Wheeler. He really kicked ass on some of those arrangements. He had a terrific bunch of Local 47 guys filling that band.
[snapback]95582[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which I noticed later in the run (along with the fact that the singers were being credited, which is a nice touch--I wish they were put more up front of the band, not to dwell on them, but to acknowledge them).

And viewing a promo for "Strictly Come Dancing," I noted that "Stars" uses the original Brit theme music, which I assume Holloway wrote.