Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sufferin' Succatash!  (Read 8646 times)

Kevin Prather

Sufferin' Succatash!
« on: August 13, 2003, 06:24:02 PM »
It appears that GSN has the 1985 season of Press Your Luck, so i ask you, when might they air the \"sufferin' succatash\" episode? does anyone know?

Chelsea Thrasher

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 07:38:23 PM »
02-15-1985 Ep. #364 - What Aired Today
06-14-1985 Ep. #449 - The Ep in Question

At the rate of 6 eps per day and with there being 85 eps left between here and there:

Assuming GSN dosen't alter the way they play PYL between now and then, and assuming GSN's newest lease runs that far:

85/6 = The Ep Should air on Wednesday, November 19th in the 9:30 AM EST slot....Barring any changes, or any slightly wrong math on my part.

Kevin Prather

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 07:57:24 PM »
rats. i wish i'd have digital cable then. i only have it for the summer. :(

thanks.

zachhoran

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 08:13:53 PM »
I expect there might be a moderate schedule change before November, they've done schedule changes on Labor Day the previous two years, whether they do this year remains to be seen. Don't forget Povich 21 and the infamous Video Game block coming this Fall :)

Chelsea Thrasher

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 09:03:28 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 07:13 PM\'] I expect there might be a moderate schedule change before November, they've done schedule changes on Labor Day the previous two years, whether they do this year remains to be seen. Don't forget Povich 21 and the infamous Video Game block coming this Fall :) [/quote]
 Don't Forget....

Povich 21 is only, for now, supposed to be in a 1-day-only marathon, and that's it.

And besides...Even GSN wouldn't put a show that has *19* shows in a Weekday slot, even if it WAS added to the regular sched

Brandon Brooks

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 09:43:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 08:03 PM\'] And besides...Even GSN wouldn't put a show that has *19* shows in a Weekday slot, even if it WAS added to the regular sched [/quote]
 Yeah, they would.  Remember Lingo?

Brandon Brooks

Fedya

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 09:22:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 08:43 PM\'] [quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Aug 13 2003, 08:03 PM\'] And besides...Even GSN wouldn't put a show that has *19* shows in a Weekday slot, even if it WAS added to the regular sched [/quote]
Yeah, they would.  Remember Lingo?

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Sorry, but the Amsterdam-taped run of Lingo had 20 episodes.  Seth specifically asked about shows with 19 episodes.  :-p
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 06:42:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 08:22 AM\']Sorry, but the Amsterdam-taped run of Lingo had 20 episodes.  Seth specifically asked about shows with 19 episodes.  :-p[/quote]
\"Lingo\" was actually taped in Hilversum, which is about an hour's drive from Amsterdam and is the center of the Dutch broadcasting industry (and also, according to a web site for English-speaking expatriates in the Netherlands, the Dutch home of local B-and-C-list celebs, which would stand to reason).

whampyl03

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 11:36:12 AM »
Povich 21 is only, for now, supposed to be in a 1-day-only marathon, and that's it.

Wait.  I woulden't be suprised if GSN aired it back to back with TWL on weekdays and weekends.  But I could be wrong.  Hopefully I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 11:36:46 AM by whampyl03 »

Ian Wallis

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 11:15:16 AM »
I would expect the morning \"vertivision\" blocks to end come fall.  I would hope they'll continue with the 1985 episodes of \"Press Your Luck\" in a once-a-day slot, but nobody knows for sure how many episodes from 1985 they've got.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 11:21:42 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 03:42 PM\'] (and also, according to a web site for English-speaking expatriates in the Netherlands, [/quote]
 Just curious....what site is this?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 01:25:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 18 2003, 10:21 AM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 03:42 PM\'] (and also, according to a web site for English-speaking expatriates in the Netherlands, [/quote]
Just curious....what site is this? [/quote]
 http://www.expatica.com is probably the site UncaMark had in mind.

And I should have known the Dutch episodes taped in Hilversum.  I'm a shortwave radio listener, and know fully well that's where Radio Nederlands broadcast from....
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 03:32:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Aug 18 2003, 12:25 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 18 2003, 10:21 AM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 14 2003, 03:42 PM\'] (and also, according to a web site for English-speaking expatriates in the Netherlands, [/quote]
Just curious....what site is this? [/quote]
http://www.expatica.com is probably the site UncaMark had in mind.[/quote]
That would be it.

Last year at this time, I was doing searching through Dutch broadcasting web sites to find out about their version of \"Lingo\"--and about the unique public broadcasting system in that country, on which one of the television stations \"Lingo\" airs there.  To try to summarize, the air time amongst the five national radio stations and the four national television channels (which are the only national *broadcast* channels, although well over 90 percent of the Dutch have cable) is divided amongst a series of not-for-profit private organizations representing a broad swath of mainstream religious and political views (and the more offbeat political and religious views get an hour or two of air time a week).  \"Lingo\" is produced by IDTV for the non-partisan, non-religious TROS (which calls itself what's roughly translated in English as \"the family entertainer\") on the mass appeal channel Nederland 2.  A separate not-for-profit organization, NOS, produces news, sports and special events programs for all of the channels and runs the huge studio center in Hilversum for all of the organizations (although \"Lingo\" taped in Hilversum at a smaller private studio).  There are commercials between programs, but the programs themselves run uninterrupted.

It's actually a little more complicated than that, but you get the idea.

HSquares2003

Sufferin' Succatash!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2003, 12:38:05 PM »
The vertivision blocks seems to be happening before a major schedule change. The vertivision blocks from last summer were right before they put  different shows/times in the evenings.