Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation ratings?  (Read 8639 times)

pyramid100

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2005, 12:15:38 PM »
[/quote]
...and why doesn't THIS surprise me in the least.

Hey, are you the same dude who was mooching 20K Pyramid clips back in the day?
[snapback]92765[/snapback]
[/quote]

no i didn't know about those. I only bring up torrents because other sites have posted files of their game shows, all they ask is that the people who download them keep the completed file up for awhile so that others can download the episode.

I know that tape trading is the standard but I believe its time to step into the 21st century. It would be interesting to find out how many people would support said site with files and money. I know webspace and bandwidth does not come cheap.

I know I will get yelled at for this idea but I'm willing to post it anyway because I think it is something that game show viewers would love to have. It would be a whole new GSN, we can post and view any shows that haven't been on that network (TPIR) for a long long time.

tyshaun1

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2005, 12:46:48 PM »
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 12:15 PM\']I know I will get yelled at for this idea but I'm willing to post it anyway because I think it is something that I would love to have.
[snapback]93009[/snapback]
[/quote]

Fixed.

Torrents would only open up a whole new can of worms for what is a questionable practice as it is.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:47:28 PM by tyshaun1 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2005, 12:54:04 PM »
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 11:15 AM\']I only bring up torrents because other sites have posted files of their game shows, all they ask is that the people who download them keep the completed file up for awhile so that others can download the episode.
[/quote]
Yes, we know, a quick look at your posting history shows constant requests for torrants. You haven't got one from here yet, have you.

Get the picture?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2005, 02:15:25 PM »
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 09:15 AM\']I know I will get yelled at for this idea but I'm willing to post it anyway because I think it is something that game show viewers would love to have. It would be a whole new GSN, we can post and view any shows that haven't been on that network (TPIR) for a long long time.
[/quote]
The only reason you will get yelled at for it is because you are a shining example (and in fact the one I cited) of the beating-a-dead-horse syndrome I was referring to in another thread. You've already been told why torrents aren't gonna work, and you're hellbent on harping on it anyhow.

There. Aren't. Enough. Seeders. End of story.

But that isn't a problem, as long as you have a new source to leech from, right?

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 02:16:18 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

cmjb13

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2005, 02:29:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 02:15 PM\']You've already been told why torrents aren't gonna work, and you're hellbent on harping on it anyhow.

There. Aren't. Enough. Seeders. End of story.
[/quote]
I think speed is the problem (though you could probably link a lack of seeders to lack of speed). Takes forever to download.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation ratings?
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2005, 02:39:58 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 11:29 AM\']I think speed is the problem (though you could probably link a lack of seeders to lack of speed). Takes forever to download.
[/quote]
You absolutely can, as this is prezactly how BitTorrent works. Also, your download and upload speeds are tied together, so if you're grabbing a file few people are interested in, you won't be upping to anyone, and your speeds will suffer. It _can_ be decent...last night I got a 1/2 hour program in Xvid format in about 20-30 minutes. But it had a boatload of seeders and was popular. For the most part, tho, no, it's not a service for the impatient.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

remlap

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2005, 02:56:52 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 07:39 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 11:29 AM\']I think speed is the problem (though you could probably link a lack of seeders to lack of speed). Takes forever to download.
[/quote]
You absolutely can, as this is prezactly how BitTorrent works. Also, your download and upload speeds are tied together, so if you're grabbing a file few people are interested in, you won't be upping to anyone, and your speeds will suffer. It _can_ be decent...last night I got a 1/2 hour program in Xvid format in about 20-30 minutes. But it had a boatload of seeders and was popular. For the most part, tho, no, it's not a service for the impatient.
[snapback]93026[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think its possible ive seeded "mrcity" episodes of The Price Is Right on a tracker for him before, when his FTP was getting hammered it and it took no time, I have only got a 30kbps upload but still I have a number of people downloading from me and spreading through the torrent swarm.

I had seeded around 80% into the swarm and one person who started was getting 800kbps so in saying that theres atleast 2 people with really high upload and downloads it could be done pretty fast.

If I had a copy of temptation I could make into DIVX Id share right now, but I dont, where I watched it was live and crap quality and now dead.

Anyone willing to make one and ill point them in the right direction, if they dont know how.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 02:57:37 PM by remlap »

Fedya

Temptation ratings?
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2005, 11:26:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 2 2005, 11:54 AM\']Yes, we know, a quick look at your posting history shows constant requests for torrants. You haven't got one from here yet, have you.

Get the picture?
[snapback]93012[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't give any BitTorrents, but I can direct the original poster to Torrance!  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post