Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 29 years ago today!  (Read 2524 times)

Winkfan

29 years ago today!
« on: July 12, 2005, 06:16:59 PM »
Yesterday, I was commemmorating the 45th anniversary of the Heatter-Quigley empire being launched with the premiere of Video Village. Well, it was on this day in 1976 that Merrill and Bob unleashed their 'larger-than-life' lie detector on the game show fanatics of America with their new endeavor entitled Hot Seat. And I don't care what the rest of you think, I enjoyed that show! (You don't suppose Jim Peck had anything to do with that?)

Also being unleashed on this day was some other new game show. Let's see, it was hosted by this funny British dude who we've seen on that other game on CBS, and who was on some sitcom before that. And there were these two teams doing something involving surveys.....

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Autumn Hargis of the Big Board!

P.S. Of course I was talking about Family Feud; which was hosted by Match Game panelist and Hogan's Heroes cast member, Richard Dawson! (I just wanted to have some fun with ya!)

P.P.S. Looks like I beat Aaron to the punch this time!
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

aaron sica

29 years ago today!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 06:54:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 12 2005, 06:16 PM\']
[snapback]91306[/snapback]
[/quote]

You'll be beating Aaron to the punch every time.......He's not allowed to post his "Almanac" entries....Too many errors in them year in and year out.

Don Howard

29 years ago today!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 10:38:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 12 2005, 05:16 PM\']it was on this day in 1976 that Merrill and Bob unleashed their 'larger-than-life' lie detector on the game show fanatics of America with their new endeavor entitled Hot Seat. And I don't care what the rest of you think, I enjoyed that show!
[/quote]
I enjoyed the theme music. And that's about it.

FOXSportsFan

29 years ago today!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 12:42:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 12 2005, 05:16 PM\']Yesterday, I was commemmorating the 45th anniversary of the Heatter-Quigley empire being launched with the premiere of Video Village. Well, it was on this day in 1976 that Merrill and Bob unleashed their 'larger-than-life' lie detector on the game show fanatics of America with their new endeavor entitled Hot Seat. And I don't care what the rest of you think, I enjoyed that show! (You don't suppose Jim Peck had anything to do with that?)

Also being unleashed on this day was some other new game show. Let's see, it was hosted by this funny British dude who we've seen on that other game on CBS, and who was on some sitcom before that. And there were these two teams doing something involving surveys.....

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Autumn Hargis of the Big Board!

P.S. Of course I was talking about Family Feud; which was hosted by Match Game panelist and Hogan's Heroes cast member, Richard Dawson! (I just wanted to have some fun with ya!)

[/quote]

Amazing how some formats (i.e. Password) fade into oblivion, yet 29 years later an incarnation of Feud exists.  

BTW, Tammy as to your sig, it could be worse...Bud and John could be brownie scouts, lol.

uncamark

29 years ago today!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 12:25:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 15 2005, 09:38 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jul 12 2005, 05:16 PM\']it was on this day in 1976 that Merrill and Bob unleashed their 'larger-than-life' lie detector on the game show fanatics of America with their new endeavor entitled Hot Seat. And I don't care what the rest of you think, I enjoyed that show!
[/quote]
I enjoyed the theme music. And that's about it.
[snapback]91557[/snapback]
[/quote]

And was happy to hear it again as a prize cue on "The New HR," along with some other cues for the show Stan Worth wrote that they didn't use.  Happy to see that Merrill and Bob ponied up some money for a string section.