Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Huge flaw with PW+ alphabetics?  (Read 10498 times)

xibit777

Huge flaw with PW+ alphabetics?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2005, 03:32:38 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 01:54 PM\']I like that idea best, Chris. To get the grand prize, you gotta play a perfect round. Otherwise, settle for your $100-900.
[snapback]91130[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's the best way to do it, but it is really unfair to a contestant when some stupid celeb just blurts out the word when there is 22 seconds left on the last word.  And we just saw that happen.    But then again they should just be happy they got 900 dollars to begin with.

Also many of you talk like the producers would know instantly if a celeb purposely said an illegal word on the last one that they can't get.  Yet this would be very hard to prove.   These celebs are mostly actors, and they would probably know how to disguise it into being a *mistake*.  

One thing that I think stops these celebs from doing this is they don't want to take a chance on forfeiting the extra 1000 dollars the contestant could make if they came up with the word that they can't get.   Another thing is the embarassment of saying the illegal word.  Because many people aren't smart enough to realize that they might be doing this on purpose to make 3100 extra for the contestant.   It's kind of like Cover Up on TPiR.  You really have to have balls if you want to play that game properly.  Because a lot of people are going to think you are really stupid when you start picking 3 for the first number in a 17,000 dollar car.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 03:34:03 PM by xibit777 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2005, 03:44:16 PM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 02:32 PM\']And we just saw that happen.    But then again they should just be happy they got 900 dollars to begin with.[/quote]
This was on Super Password, not Password Plus

It's kind of like Cover Up on TPiR.  You really have to have balls if you want to play that game properly.  Because a lot of people are going to think you are really stupid when you start picking 3 for the first number in a 17,000 dollar car.
I thought the "proper" way was to get all five numbers right the first time.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2005, 06:01:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 03:44 PM\']
It's kind of like Cover Up on TPiR.  You really have to have balls if you want to play that game properly.  Because a lot of people are going to think you are really stupid when you start picking 3 for the first number in a 17,000 dollar car.
I thought the "proper" way was to get all five numbers right the first time.
[snapback]91133[/snapback]
[/quote]

When that method usually results in getting everything but the fourth digit and then losing on your second turn?  Hell no.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:02:25 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 06:39:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 05:01 PM\']When that method usually results in getting everything but the fourth digit and then losing on your second turn?  Hell no.
[/quote]
Or, in turn, you could choose "3" for the Ford Focus LX, get the 4 others numbers wrong, and look like an utter dumbass.  Hell no.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

xibit777

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2005, 06:55:28 PM »
The best strategy is to pick the first number since you know it's right, then pick wrong numbers for the next 4.   Then do the same the next round for the 2nd number.

99% of the time the first and second numbers are gimmes if you know what you're doing.  That gets you at least 3 chances.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2005, 07:40:22 PM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 03:55 PM\']The best strategy is to pick the first number since you know it's right, then pick wrong numbers for the next 4.   Then do the same the next round for the 2nd number.
[/quote]
Except, for the seventeenth time, if you know they're WRONG numbers, why not just pick the RIGHT ones?

I can think of few situations playing Cover Up when you are certain of the first two numbers. First one, sure. The second one is easier than the fifth, yeah, but still not a gimmie by any stretch. So you'd better pick that one right so that you DO get a second chance.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2005, 01:36:43 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 06:40 PM\'][quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Jul 10 2005, 03:55 PM\']The best strategy is to pick the first number since you know it's right, then pick wrong numbers for the next 4.   Then do the same the next round for the 2nd number.
[/quote]
Except, for the seventeenth time, if you know they're WRONG numbers, why not just pick the RIGHT ones?[/quote]

It wasn't worded wonderfully, but I would like to think that he meant to not take your best guess at the later numbers until you've used up your sure bets. For example, if I knew the first two digits, and only one of the digits in the last column was a 0 or 5, I would pick it on the third attempt--but I'd be trying 2 and 7, if they were there, before that.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin