Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who came up with this title?  (Read 5946 times)

Jay Temple

Who came up with this title?
« on: July 01, 2005, 03:10:09 PM »
Ballbreakers

Yeah, that's a great way to bring in those coveted male viewers.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 04:05:59 PM »
This begs the question. How well did Funny Boners do in the Trendex?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »
Hey! If Joanie Loves Chachi can become a hit...

The Pyramids

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 06:34:22 PM »
Maybe 'new GSN series with the best shot of being replaced by 'Lingo' at 10PM' would be a better title.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 07:50:03 PM »
Maybe 'new GSN series with the best shot of being replaced by 'Lingo' at 10PM' would be a better title.

Perhaps...but, remember, this is the network that surprisingly had some success with 2 seasons of Dodgeball!  I wouldn't exactly count it as a failure before seeing it just yet...:)

Besides, I'm interested in seeing what they do to make 9-ball more appealing.  Personally, I think watching pool is about as exciting as watching, well, "Extreme Gong," but I definitely enjoy playing it.  Perhaps, with the promos, there could be  a "betting" scheme involved?  That would definitely be cool...:)

Does anybody know how they're going to supposedly make this game "Like pool on steroids?"

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 11:36:20 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 1 2005, 03:08 PM\']Hey! If Joanie Loves Chachi can become a hit...
[snapback]90587[/snapback]
[/quote]
It was a hit for six weeks because it bowed in the summer when nothing else new was on and people (myself included) were curious. They and I quickly left the party. Erin Moran and Scott Baio were able to return to the mother ship while Al Molinaro was screwed blue.

ObGameShows: Happy Days moved to 11am when Family Feud moved to 11:30.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 12:28:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 1 2005, 10:36 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 1 2005, 03:08 PM\']Hey! If Joanie Loves Chachi can become a hit...
[snapback]90587[/snapback]
[/quote]
It was a hit for six weeks because it bowed in the summer when nothing else new was on and people (myself included) were curious. They and I quickly left the party. Erin Moran and Scott Baio were able to return to the mother ship while Al Molinaro was screwed blue.
[snapback]90615[/snapback]
[/quote]

Urban legend is that the show was #1 overseas (I think Korea), because "Chachi" is foreign for "penis." Ooooh, I said a naughty!!!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 01:42:32 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 1 2005, 11:28 PM\']Urban legend is that the show was #1 overseas (I think Korea), because "Chachi" is foreign for "penis." Ooooh, I said a naughty!!!
[/quote]
How often has your "Chachi" used something from Bed, Bath, and Beyond?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 03:59:46 PM »
And don't forget America's First Next Top Model Adrienne Curry as the Rack Girl.  Yeah, baby!

sshuffield70

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 06:58:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 5 2005, 02:59 PM\']And don't forget America's First Next Top Model Adrienne Curry as the Rack Girl.  Yeah, baby!
[snapback]90809[/snapback]
[/quote]

ISTR she's got quite a rack. :D

That said, I'm passing.