Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sitcom episodes  (Read 10218 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sitcom episodes
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 05:30:55 PM »
I am amazed that we have gotten into the third page of the thread and nobody (myself included) has mentioned the episode of "Cheers" where Cliff Clavin goes on Jeopardy.

/Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz, and Lucille LeSueu have never been in my kitchen either.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:31:05 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 06:03:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 04:30 PM\']I am amazed that we have gotten into the third page of the thread and nobody (myself included) has mentioned the episode of "Cheers" where Cliff Clavin goes on Jeopardy.

/Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz, and Lucille LeSueu have never been in my kitchen either.
[snapback]90422[/snapback]
[/quote]

Except that we had it mentioned on page 2 :)

[quote name=\'wasabe\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 02:36 PM\']Obviously, the Cheers episode where Cliff goes on "Jeopardy!", and gets categories such as; 'Beer', 'Mothers and Sons', and 'Celibacy'.

Guilty pleasure: Golden Girls episode where they go on "Grab That Dough!"

But the "Password" episode of The Odd Couple is second to none.
[/quote]

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sitcom episodes
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 06:06:59 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 03:03 PM\']Except that we had it mentioned on page 2 :)
[/quote]
Oh, good lord, do I suck. Mea culpa. Thank you.

Where's Desperado? Now's the time for him to call me a liar again...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 06:07:16 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 06:15:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 03:06 PM\'][quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 03:03 PM\']Except that we had it mentioned on page 2 :)
[/quote]
Oh, good lord, do I suck. Mea culpa. Thank you.

Where's Desperado? Now's the time for him to call me a liar again...
[snapback]90424[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey! Watch the "D" words in this forum! Thank you! ;-)

Casey

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:49 PM »
This is sort of a twist on the topic of this post, but I enjoyed the episodes of Password Plus where Vicki Lawrence and Carol Burnett played as Mama and Eunice for part of the week they were on.  Quite funny.  

I also enjoyed the Night Court episode where Bull goes on "What Am I?"  Anyone else remember that one?

tvrandywest

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 08:53:25 PM »
Here's a couple nobody saw:

The Munsters Today - "The Reel Munsters"
I play Martin Winkdale introducing Herman, Lillie, Grampa, etc.

Smart Guy - "A Little Knowledge"
I'm the generic game show announcer when Taj Mowry appears on a Jeopardy-type show.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

calliaume

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 09:20:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 03:14 PM\']I much prefered Soleil Moon-Frye when she did that guest shot on "The Wonder Years". Whoof. She was all growns up.

(Holy Good Gawd. A GIS on her name proves my point. In spades.)
[snapback]90414[/snapback]
[/quote]
For a not-so-great looking little kid, she turned out all right.

I remember an E! special on her from a few years back (not "True Hollywood Story" - this had a different name reserved for stars whose lives aren't screwed up) - she had a 38DD chest at age 15, and had breast reduction surgery because they were giving her back problems.

Okay, on we go.  It's not a sitcom, but The Carol Burnett Show episode featuring Eunice on The Gong Show was both funny and touching.

JCGames

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 09:31:59 PM »
Lizzie McGuire and her friends Miranda and Gordo went on a Spanish-language game called El Oro de Montezuma in one episode. Erik Estrada played the host.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 08:13:25 PM by JCGames »

rugrats1

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 09:34:52 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 08:20 PM\']The Carol Burnett Show episode featuring Eunice on The Gong Show was both funny and touching.
[/quote]

Speaking of Gong Show, I recall an episode of "What's Happening" where a children's chorus appeared to sing "Bubblin' Brown Sugar". Chuck Barris wasn't in that one, so the winner was announced by one of the panelists immediately after the chorus (who won). I still found it bizarre that the host didn't announce the winner.

And on "Laverne and Shirley" (after the move to California), Squiggy appeared on "the Dating Game", hosted by Jim Lange. One moment I recall from that episode is that Squiggy tore off one of the letters from "The Dating Game" logo. Also, the end credits, where Jim, Squiggy and the contestants danced while the "Laverne & Shirley" theme played.

MikeK

• Martha!
Sitcom episodes
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 09:46:55 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 08:47 PM\']I also enjoyed the Night Court episode where Bull goes on "What Am I?"  Anyone else remember that one?[/quote]
I AM HUMAN SWEAT!  A great episode indeed.

joshg

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 10:23:02 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 05:46 PM\'][quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 08:47 PM\']I also enjoyed the Night Court episode where Bull goes on "What Am I?"  Anyone else remember that one?[/quote]
I AM HUMAN SWEAT!  A great episode indeed.
[snapback]90436[/snapback]
[/quote]

Weren't the names of the contestants in the courtroom scene before the game named "Stempel" and "Van Doren"?

Now, if they'd only speed up the DVD releases of 'Night Court'...

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

SamPrainito

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 10:42:36 PM »
A favorite of mine is the episode of "Sanford and Son" with Fred, Lamont and Bubba on "The Gong Show".

The funniest part of the episode is when Chuck Barris introduces the guys, and Fred immediately goes over to the panel, collects their mallots, and thows them off the stage!

This episode just came out on the Season 6 DVD.

JayDLewis

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 11:21:16 PM »
Would it be cool if someone put together an exhaustive list of all of these tidbits? Maybe even post it to a website. It could cover TV, movies, song.

Yeah, someone should TOTALLY get on that.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

GS Warehouse

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 11:33:11 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 08:20 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 03:14 PM\']I much prefered Soleil Moon-Frye when she did that guest shot on "The Wonder Years". Whoof. She was all growns up.

(Holy Good Gawd. A GIS on her name proves my point. In spades.)
[snapback]90414[/snapback]
[/quote]
For a not-so-great looking little kid, she turned out all right.
[snapback]90432[/snapback]
[/quote]
You should have seen her in the final two seasons of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

ObMelissaJoanHart: Didn't Clarissa go on a game show on Clarissa Explains it All?

BrandonFG

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 11:35:50 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 10:33 PM\']ObMelissaJoanHart: Didn't Clarissa go on a game show on Clarissa Explains it All?
[snapback]90445[/snapback]
[/quote]

Brain Drain.

And didn't Monty Hall make a guest shot on "Sabrina"?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!