Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sitcom episodes  (Read 9699 times)

kurtinrod62

Sitcom episodes
« on: June 29, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
This past weekend, TV Land showed the classic "Password" episode of "The Odd Couple." It had me wondering, what are your favorite game show-related sitcom episodes?

Don Howard

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:00:49 AM »
Other than the one you mention, I very much enjoyed The Brady Brides episode where Jan and Marcia and their husbands appeared as contestants on The Newlywed Game with special guest star Bob Eubanks and special guest voice (that's how he was billed) Johnny Jacobs.
"Breasts and thighs! Thighs and breasts!!"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 11:01:33 AM by Don Howard »

aaron sica

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
My favorite was when "Gimme A Break!" had Nell and Addy go on "best Friends Week" on Wheel of Fortune. Oddly enough they played each other (with no third contestant). It aired in early 1984, just about the time that Wheel of Fortune was starting to take it off (I first got re-interested in the show around then).

"GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME A CAR!"

AH3RD

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:23:34 AM »
Mine was Episode #23 of The Monkees, "Captain Crocodile", which saw them lampoon Goodson-Todman mainstays What's My Line? (What's My Scene?) and To Tell The Truth (To Tell A Fib) in a fantasy sequence. Micky Dolenz played the moderator, while Michael Nesmith, David Jones and Peter Tork served as the panelists.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:14 PM »
I happen to like the NBC-era "Mama's Family" episode where they appear on Richard's Feud.  I will probably always equate "a letter" to the question "Name something you wind up" because of it.

"Bunny rabbit! Bunny rabbit!"

Also, think about this: "Mama's Family" was originally on NBC, even though it was a spinoff of a CBS staple, and Feud was on ABC at that time.  Talk about spreading across networks.
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

Ian Wallis

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 12:27:49 PM »
This past weekend, TV Land showed the classic "Password" episode of "The Odd Couple." It had me wondering, what are your favorite game show-related sitcom episodes?

The "Let's Make a Deal" episode is funny too.  Oddly enough, both of those "Odd Couple" episodes aired during the same season.

I also thought the "Spin City" episode where Paul goes on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" was funny.  That was our first look at what would happen if somebody actually won the million - John Carpenter did it for real a few days later.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sitcom episodes
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 02:35:07 PM »
Without question, "Bambi", the episodes of "The Young Ones" where the boys go on University Challenge:

Rick: "World's Stupidest Bottom Burp? Vyvyan, Britain?"
Neil (pointing at book): "Sez Rick 'ere."

/there are tiny people on my chocolate eclair
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 03:07:45 PM »
Christmas episode of "The Simpsons", where Marge has to go on Jeopardy to help the family pay off their debt to the city. Ironically, she ends up with -$5200.

The episode of "Fresh Prince" where Will, Carlton, Jazz, and Tyriq (minor character) go on "Double Trouble" (special guest Bob Eubanks!)

BOB: What is the capital of Ohio?
TYRIQ: That would be the capital "O," Bob.
BOB: (obviously confused) "O?"
TYRIQ: Yeah, capital "O", h-i-o.
BOB: Judges?
(ding!)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

wasabe

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 03:36:25 PM »
Obviously, the Cheers episode where Cliff goes on "Jeopardy!", and gets categories such as; 'Beer', 'Mothers and Sons', and 'Celibacy'.

Guilty pleasure: Golden Girls episode where they go on "Grab That Dough!"

But the "Password" episode of The Odd Couple is second to none.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 03:37:37 PM by wasabe »

HairMetalLives

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 04:09:26 PM »
I like the episode of "Punky Brewster" where Betty goes on that "Dating Game" rip-off. It was a good episode overall, not just because of the game show thing.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Sitcom episodes
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 04:14:26 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 01:09 PM\']I like the episode of "Punky Brewster" where Betty goes on that "Dating Game" rip-off. It was a good episode overall, not just because of the game show thing.
[snapback]90412[/snapback]
[/quote]
I much prefered Soleil Moon-Frye when she did that guest shot on "The Wonder Years". Whoof. She was all growns up.

(Holy Good Gawd. A GIS on her name proves my point. In spades.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 04:15:44 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 04:32:22 PM »
There was also an episode of Cybill where she was vying to be the new singer on a revival of Name That Tune.  The show itself wasn't much, but good on the producers for bringing Tom Kennedy on for that one.

The Spin City episode had flipped my mind, but that's a good one too.  Richard Kind is at his most manic when trying to answer that last question, and who could forget Rags?
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

The Ol' Guy

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 05:00:54 PM »
I loved the Mama's "Feud", too - but my vote goes to the Married With Children episode where the Bundys go on "How Do I Love Thee?" - with David Leisure as the snide host and Jessie Scott as "the lovely Zelda."

BrandonFG

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 05:04:04 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 04:00 PM\']I loved the Mama's "Feud", too - but my vote goes to the Married With Children episode where the Bundys go on "How Do I Love Thee?" - with David Leisure as the snide host and Jessie Scott as "the lovely Zelda."
[snapback]90417[/snapback]
[/quote]

I remember catching that episode last year, and it really made me wonder if any reality or game show producers were inspired by that one episode. :-P It was almost scary how there are shows that play just like that episode.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:05:02 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

Sitcom episodes
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 05:12:13 PM »
I'd have to say Dorothy, Rose and Charlie from "Golden Girls" on J!

"Here are the categories. Cows...Babes...Chickens...More Babes...Chicken Babes...and finally...Baby Chickens"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:12:23 PM by whoserman »