Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun Question about Dick Clark  (Read 5446 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Fun Question about Dick Clark
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 05:30:03 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 03:51 PM\']Correct, Matt! The AMA's is the answer with its famous pyramid-shaped trophy!
[snapback]89665[/snapback]
[/quote]
At least give credit where credit is due.  Jimmy actually came up with the correct answer (Matt laid the groundwork, but it was Jimmy who jumped in with the specifics and thus should get. . .DOUBLE THE POIN [ah, screw it]).

Doug -- and the countdown to 1300 begins
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 05:42:35 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 01:51 PM\']Correct, Matt! The AMA's is the answer with its famous pyramid-shaped trophy!
[/quote]
Okay, that's a little better. Still pretty widely known, but certainly a better answer than Greed woulda been. :)
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 02:12 PM\']Those things are still around?[/quote]
Lord, yes. I think many people consider them to be more legit than the Grammy's, mostly because they're voted on via a poll of actual people who buy music, instead of the producers and what not who vote on the Grammy's.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 05:49:34 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 08:09:22 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 05:30 PM\']At least give credit where credit is due.  Jimmy actually came up with the correct answer (Matt laid the groundwork, but it was Jimmy who jumped in with the specifics and thus should get. . .DOUBLE THE POIN [ah, screw it]).[/quote]
You heard the OP.  Those are MY points.  MINE.  Jimmy gets NOTHING.  NOTHING I tell you!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.