Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation  (Read 6737 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Temptation
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 02:22:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 10:12 AM\']398 posts. how many of them amusing or funny, or contributing anything useful?
[/quote]
More to the point, how many involve massive overquoting?

The Delete key is your friend, people. Leaving the whole thread there when it doesn't need to be is lazy, inconsiderate, and completely unnecessary considering the format of the board.

(It's a wonder someone hasn't figured out how to top-post.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

Temptation
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 02:29:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Kniwt\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 09:49 AM\']http://www.angelfire.com/oz2/powney/video_moments.htm

The Australian Game Show Home Page has posted 5 minutes of clips from the first episode.  Scroll down the page to "Temptation."
[/quote]
Nice! I wish Ed would read a LITTLE faster, but I thought he did well in the quickie Speed Round. The theme is a little disappointing as well, but hey, it's still $ale, so it's all good. :)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Temptation
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 02:40:16 PM »
I don't know which ep has been posted, but I've just watched the third ep. The name is officially just "Temptation" already - perhaps even by ep 2 (Didn't get that one.)
@lambertman

pyramid100

Temptation
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »
what do you mean by posted? Do you mean the 5 min clip from the Aussie game show page?

adamkendall

Temptation
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 07:29:04 PM »
Tell me if anybody agrees...

I see a problem with the format, mostly concerning the "ten in a row" bonus game.  If somebody does well on the first "ten in a row" (wins $100,000 for example), and then wins the 2nd game...who would ever risk that and continue playing?  Granted, there is $500,000 in gold at the end of the line and more chances to potentially win more "ten in a row" cash, but I can't see many people risking large cash amounts to continue playing.

Also, the Temptation Vault needs a little more audience flare...they need cheering and excitement as the player waits to hit his buzzer to determine the dollar value that he will win.  I still think they should bring back Instant Cash as the third "gift shop" element.

Also, the gift shop concept seems kind of lame for a 2005 audience.  For those viewers that have seen an actual Temptation gift shop...is it more funktified than the traditional Sale gift shops/bargains?

Adam Kendall

clemon79

Temptation
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 07:42:23 PM »
[quote name=\'adamkendall\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 04:29 PM\']I see a problem with the format, mostly concerning the "ten in a row" bonus game.  If somebody does well on the first "ten in a row" (wins $100,000 for example), and then wins the 2nd game...who would ever risk that and continue playing?  Granted, there is $500,000 in gold at the end of the line and more chances to potentially win more "ten in a row" cash, but I can't see many people risking large cash amounts to continue playing.
[/quote]
Nope. Don't agree. It's my belief that given a sufficient sample size, the average TIAR winner is gonna be around $30K. Maybe less.
Also, the Temptation Vault needs a little more audience flare...they need cheering and excitement as the player waits to hit his buzzer to determine the dollar value that he will win.  I still think they should bring back Instant Cash as the third "gift shop" element.
Here, we agree. I thought the Vault was really underwhelming, and I would enjoy an escalating Instant Cash jackpot far more.