Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TTTT 90 questions  (Read 2632 times)

whewfan

TTTT 90 questions
« on: June 02, 2005, 09:29:40 PM »
Question #1- Is Bern Bennett, the original TTTT announcer, still living?

Question #2- How did they come up with the "fake" stories for the one-on-one segments? On a recent show, they had a lady whose fake story was that she was the voice of Bart Simpson (considering The Simpsons was brand new back then, they could get away with it, but any fan knows that Yeardly Smith is the voice). On another show, they had a lady that claimed to be the new Big Bird. However, any fan would know that Carroll was very much still actively Big Bird, and would semi-retire 12 years later allowing another puppeteer to be Big Bird for the Journey to Ernie segments, which they stopped doing this season)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 09:36:42 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 06:29 PM\']On a recent show, they had a lady whose fake story was that she was the voice of Bart Simpson (considering The Simpsons was brand new back then, they could get away with it, but any fan knows that Yeardly Smith is the voice)
[/quote]
Then apparently you aren't much of a fan, because Bart's voice is done by Nancy Cartwright. Yeardley Smith is the voice of Lisa.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 09:40:09 PM »
Plus they'd all claim to be Nancy Cartwright. You could only know by recognizing her face.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:44:05 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 06:40 PM\']Plus they'd all claim to be Nancy Cartwright. You could only know by recognizing her face.
[/quote]
He's not talking about the maingame, he's talking about the One-On-One game they would play with an audience member at the end of the show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 10:07:45 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 08:29 PM\']Question #1- Is Bern Bennett, the original TTTT announcer, still living?
[snapback]87571[/snapback]
[/quote]

As far as I know, yes he is, and I THINK he's still with CBS in some capacity [VO's on one of the soaps, last I heard]

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 11:39:27 PM »
A little irony (or coincidence, take your pick ;-) )--during an episode on Elliott's first week (might've even been his first show), one of the imposters was the husband of Nancy Cartwright (not sure if they're still married).  He identified himself as such (of course, plugging Cartwright's role as Bart).

Guess the lucky audience member wasn't watching that day.  :)

I believe Bennett was connected with Y&R (don't know if he's heard as "Nadia's Theme" plays in the opening [it is still played in the opening, no?], but of course these newfangled split-screen end credits kind of get in his way at the end).  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Kevin Prather

TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 12:50:23 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 06:44 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 06:40 PM\']Plus they'd all claim to be Nancy Cartwright. You could only know by recognizing her face.
[/quote]
He's not talking about the maingame, he's talking about the One-On-One game they would play with an audience member at the end of the show.
[snapback]87574[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah, my mistake.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 04:43:57 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 11:39 PM\']I believe Bennett was connected with Y&R (don't know if he's heard as "Nadia's Theme" plays in the opening [it is still played in the opening, no?], but of course these newfangled split-screen end credits kind of get in his way at the end).  :)

Doug
[/quote]

He used to be heard during sponsor plugs and on the closing credits... that is until CBS started doing split-screen credits.  He's no longer on Y&R however, some female announcer is in that capacity.  I had wondered myself if he was still on staff at CBS at all or has in fact retired...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 04:44:20 AM by NicholasM79 »

tvrandywest

TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 05:59:56 AM »
Retired. He was one of the last "booth announcers" speaking live on the network.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

whewfan

TTTT 90 questions
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 04:04:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 08:36 PM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jun 2 2005, 06:29 PM\']On a recent show, they had a lady whose fake story was that she was the voice of Bart Simpson (considering The Simpsons was brand new back then, they could get away with it, but any fan knows that Yeardly Smith is the voice)
[/quote]
Then apparently you aren't much of a fan, because Bart's voice is done by Nancy Cartwright. Yeardley Smith is the voice of Lisa.

To quote Homer... DOH!!! I will now attempt to hide in embarassment
[snapback]87572[/snapback]
[/quote]