Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud 05-06?  (Read 11020 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005, 01:30:22 AM »
I, for one, am really getting tired of everyone here doing the "DOUBLE THE POINTS!" bit whenever you want to mock "Feud."  Richard is only doing his job, what the producers tell him too.  If it's the difference between getting a paycheck, and having someone else host, I'd lay it on as thick as they want.

If you don't like it, write or call the Director or Producer of the program.
Travis L. Eberle

ilb4ever2000

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005, 01:39:37 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 12:30 AM\']I, for one, am really getting tired of everyone here doing the "DOUBLE THE POINTS!" bit whenever you want to mock "Feud."  Richard is only doing his job, what the producers tell him too.  If it's the difference between getting a paycheck, and having someone else host, I'd lay it on as thick as they want.

[snapback]87609[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm just kidding. Geez, calm down.

Jimmy Owen

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005, 01:43:44 AM »
The people at home don't notice any of the production staff, they just notice the guy on camera and if the guy on camera is made to look bad, the people at home figure it is the fault of the guy on camera, not the production staff.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005, 01:51:43 AM »
That's true.  I don't expect Joe Sixpack to write to Family Feud.  But we're supposed to know better than the Sixpacks about what really goes on behind the scenes.  

The only reason I bring it up is because it's always "DOUBLE THE POINTS!".  Nothing else is noted, the set, music package or anything.  Always "DOUBLE THE POINTS!".  It's getting old.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 01:52:20 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 03:30:25 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 12:30 AM\']If you don't like it, write or call the Director or Producer of the program.
[/quote]
Of course, we are the "know nothings".  I refuse to watch Feud....and it's on through 07-08?  Too bad we couldn't get a Password revival.

On second thought, it's probably best we don't.  I doubt anyone wants to hear: "The password is whore".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DJDustman

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 04:32:52 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 12:30 AM\']I, for one, am really getting tired of everyone here doing the "DOUBLE THE POINTS!" bit whenever you want to mock "Feud."  Richard is only doing his job, what the producers tell him too.  If it's the difference between getting a paycheck, and having someone else host, I'd lay it on as thick as they want.

[snapback]87609[/snapback]
[/quote]

I totally AGREE.  Karn is one of the better hosts we have today, excluding our elders such as Sajak, Trebek and Barker.

Karn has proved to me, to be the best feud host I've seen. As I said about others, more power to him. He's doing a great job for Feud, and may he have more years with Feud.

To me, a good host is one who can come up with their own cliches.  Strike first blood is a great example.  Whereas you have Bill Rafferty with Dual Implication, and The Land of Parting Gifts.

tvwxman

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 04:46:10 AM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 03:32 AM\']
I totally AGREE.  Karn is one of the better hosts we have today, excluding our elders such as Sajak, Trebek and Barker.

[snapback]87626[/snapback]
[/quote]

Compared to who? J D Roberto? 20 Year old reruns of Bill Rafferty?

One of the many qualities of a good host is one that can think on his feet and make it sound like something that's never been said. Sajak does this extremely well.  Barker (sigh) used to .

Double the Points! Double the Points! DOUBLE THE POINTS! Karn is reading off a cue card, plain and simple. He's no David Sparks, thankfully, but he's got a ways to go before he gets to Mark Walberg or Tom Bergeron levels....

Note to producers : If you want to hire an actor to be a game show host, make sure they can think on their feet. Karn, after 3 seasons, has yet to prove that.

(And a side note to Teberle....Chill out. We make fun of "double the points!" becuase it's the only consistent thing Karn does. Every FRIGGIN episode. The producers aren't making him do it, they are merely holding up the same damn cue cards for him each time....and every time he reads it the same way. Let's see him improve as a host, and then we'll stop. Not because you are getting tired of it.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Timsterino

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 06:39:43 AM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 04:32 AM\']I totally AGREE.  Karn is one of the better hosts we have today, excluding our elders such as Sajak, Trebek and Barker.

Karn has proved to me, to be the best feud host I've seen. As I said about others, more power to him. He's doing a great job for Feud, and may he have more years with Feud.

To me, a good host is one who can come up with their own cliches.  Strike first blood is a great example.  Whereas you have Bill Rafferty with Dual Implication, and The Land of Parting Gifts.
[snapback]87626[/snapback]
[/quote]

Really? You have got to be kidding me. Karn is awful as a host and this version of the show is so unwatchable. Both Dawson and the late Mr. Combs would run circles around him. He is better than Louie but again that is not saying much. I am surprised it was given such a green light, the show itself has become a big blah.

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 07:53:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 05:39 AM\'][I am surprised it was given such a green light, the show itself has become a big blah.
[snapback]87630[/snapback]
[/quote]
It got a "green light" because... apparently... there's enough people who watch it and like it.  Plain and simple.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

itiparanoid13

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2005, 09:21:55 AM »
I totally AGREE.  Karn is one of the better hosts we have today, excluding our elders such as Sajak, Trebek and Barker.

Wow.  He is probably in the very back of the list of any host of this time.  There are so many that have been better of recent time: Mark L Walberg, Meredith Viera, Kennedy, the list could go on.  Yeah, compared to JD Roberto, like said before, he's Bob Barker.  Compared to everyone else?  Doesn't hold a candle.  He might be better than Louie Anderson, but he still can't hold a candle, as well, to Dawson or Combs.  He's not funny and can't make things up without looking off of a cue card.  I was watching TTTT on GSN yesterday morning, Lynn reminds me exactly of him.  All they do is read the cue cards, and if Karn try to say something funny, it's just repeating what was already said instead of coming up with something different like the real hosts remembered for the Feud did.  I'm still in shock Feud lasted this long, but at least good for them.

uncamark

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2005, 12:13:26 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 06:53 AM\'][quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 05:39 AM\'][I am surprised it was given such a green light, the show itself has become a big blah.
[snapback]87630[/snapback]
[/quote]
It got a "green light" because... apparently... there's enough people who watch it and like it.  Plain and simple.
[snapback]87634[/snapback]
[/quote]

The game itself is still strong enough that it can overcome a mediocre (at best) host for some people.

Sure, there's probably a lot of people out there who are quicker on their feet and wittier than Richard Karn.  But the show's meeting their modest expectations and unless he pulls a Dawson and gets a case of swelled ego, things aren't going to change.  Unfortunately.

Don Howard

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 12:37:15 PM »
Has Mr. Karn ever been Emmy-nominated for his emceeing of FF?

uncamark

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 12:46:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 11:37 AM\']Has Mr. Karn ever been Emmy-nominated for his emceeing of FF?
[snapback]87669[/snapback]
[/quote]

Fremantle tends not to submit any nominations for its shows other than "TPIR" and "Idol" (and CBS and Fox may make the actual submissions).  Karn may've submitted a nomination on his own if he wanted to, but it didn't make the cut.  There is a line I wanted to make, but since some have stated that they never want to hear it again...

Don Howard

Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 12:50:17 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 11:46 AM\']There is a line I wanted to make, but since some have stated that they never want to hear it again...
[snapback]87676[/snapback]
[/quote]
Unless the person's last name is Clementson, Zinkin or Ottinger, I wouldn't let that stop you.
And why wouldn't Fremantle want their talent's names (WGMC and RyRy aside) to receive award recognition? Odd.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 12:50:48 PM by Don Howard »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud 05-06?
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2005, 12:53:44 PM »
[quote name=\'DJDustman\' date=\'Jun 3 2005, 01:32 AM\']To me, a good host is one who can come up with their own cliches.  Strike first blood is a great example.
[/quote]
This just in...there is nothing original about this.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe